• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

supercharger noise?

ive heard that SC's make a whiney noise, is this true? how loud is it and your opinons on the noise, please 8)

B2UCE said:
ive heard that SC's make a whiney noise, is this true? how loud is it and your opinons on the noise, please 8)

All SC's I've heard have a whine to them. It sounds cool 8)

They do make a whine noise but you can't hear it unless you are putting your foot down and yeah it sounds cool anyway :D

Carl

Never heard mine until I took the spoon off, then thought it was bust :oops: You only really here it from 7000rpm onwards by then you are too busy watching the road. :lol:

I have been in about 4 now with chargers and some are louder than others.

Typy's JDM one was the loudest I have heard then it all depends on what exhaust they have, if its a loud one then you probably don't hear it as much

Carl

the higher the boost the sooner it will kick in as the supercharger spins up quicker. mine comes in at around 4,500rpm with the 11psi pulley

Mark

Cant hear mine that much other than 4th gear when pushing it, I dont think its that noticible to be honest

Had my MOT yesterday and I've got the standard manifold on until I change it at the weekend. Now the car's putting out half the noise I'm use to, the superchargers got quite a loud Tai fighter type whine from about 6k rpm upwards... Must sound insane from the outside.

Back