• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

supercharger noise

Didn't know where to post this question. Sorry if it's wrong section.

I have the rotrex supercharger fitted but I am a bit disappointed that I cannot hear it whine like some chargers do.

Is there anything I can do to make it whine. Are there different belts I can buy or anything.

I had a Rotrex and thought it was quiet, but I liked the fact it didn't whine like a JRSC, a bit more stealthy.

Not sure a belt would change anything, but I had a Teg M intake box and it did sound quite throaty compared to other intakes.

I believe that's probably the nature of the design in comparison with other brands. Everyone have their own taste and preferences with the modification they chose. In terms of noise, I've been advised the whine noise does existed but at a low level.

Cheers guys.

Yeh I thought as much. I just loved the whine on my ep3. Really loud and it kinda adds to the whole driving experience.
To me anyway lol

I can't hear my JRSC at all. Literally no whine :(

First thing when the engines warmed up you can get a small whine when accelerating hard but after about 5mins driving it's gone.

I've got a gruppe m, piper decat and buddyclub spec 3. It's loud. Very loud. You can't even hear the gruppe m growl :(

Going to swap to a hks hi power and put on a smaller 3.2" pulley then have it remapped. Hopefully that will solve it.

It's because the rotrex is a completely different set up of supercharger in comparison to a JRSC. The rotrex kit is pretty much a belt driven turbo so spools like a turbo.

Back