• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Supercharger options?

Hi guy's I'm going to go for it but i don't know what to get. Theres too many options and i know there isn't a ultimate thread for this (I think).

Theres the Rotrex, which i understand works like a turbo (Which i ain't interested in because it works like that)

The popular JSRC but I've heard that you can fit the Integra/RSX version to the EP3, which would give more power and that a bracket is needed to stop the manifold from cracking, which i know CPL racing offer. Also a oil cooler would be needed for track use.

And then theres the CT engineering version, which there isn't much info about.

My goal would be to get the 300 bhp mark and it would be used as a daily driver and some track work a few times a year. I know how much a JRSC would cost me as i have enquired but Help would be appreciated ALOT!

Rotrex doesn't work like a turbo at all. :?

The difference between the Rotrex and JRSC, is that the Rotrex increases boost the further up the range you go. Jackson does this, but uses a valve of some form I believe to achieve the same effect.

I recently did a lot of research into Superchargers, I ended up going for the Rotrex Top Mounted Charger with an Intercooler from TTS. I had my mind set on a bottom mounted Charger, but after seeing the intake and how it crosses the front of the engine, behind the radiator with a cone filter, I decided to get the Top Mounted one so I could keep my Tegiwa Intake.

As said above, the Charger builds boost as the engine revs higher, so for driving around town at low revs, there isn't much difference to an N/A K20, but when you put your foot down it gathers speed really quickly, really really quickly.

I had the intercooler fitted as I plan to do some Trackdays next year, and some runs at Santa Pod, and keeping the Air cool and the engine cool is a priority.

Apparently your car was kicking out quite a bit of black smoke on the country lanes on Sunday.

Yeah I know, its unburnt fuel..... Running rich, throws it out when V-Tec kicks in.

I can. It was properly worrying when I first had it done, but I had to go back to TDi to get my slam panel adjusted so I could open my bonnet, so I asked if it was normal, and they just said its running rich, which is safer for the engine. I plan to nip back next week and see what they say, because its still unnerving when I look in the rear view mirror and see black plumes flowing, as well as cars getting smaller quickly.

how much extra did the intercooler cost you? where did you get the rotrex from and how much for (fitting included)?

I bought the kit from TDi North and they fitted it. It was £4200 with VAT. With the intercooler, you need a smaller radiator so they both fit in the origional radiator space.

Fitting was something like £1300 including VAT, but I had a couple of other things done at the same time.

lets say the fitting was £1000 and with the kit, it cost good on £5000.

Ive just done some more research and a well known tuner to us all state that the rotrex style charger is good whilst at high rpm where it produces most of its power and not so good in the low/mid rev's, where a JRSC is good low and mid but tails off at the high rpm range...

Yeah around £5000-£5500. Like I said, around town its like driving a N/A K20, keeping decent fuel economy. When you put your foot down it just builds and builds and builds until you change gear, and start again. You can still feel the V-Tec kick too.

Back