• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

supercharging... maintenance, servicing etc...

Ive not yet got the funds for a supercharger, but i was just wondering what would be the best to get? What kind of servicing it will need? Where would be the best place to get one from? And how much am i looking to pay for everything to start with, and then running it..??

Any help..? Any pictures..?

It would be for my 2003 civic type r ( with air con )

MORE BOOST NEIL - GIVE IT SOME MORE BOOST

:lol: :twisted:

See you at Japshow mate - Get your driving hat on and break my record ;)

Ive got the boost coming i promise.......:twisted: :twisted:

i hear your going to run the big numbers next year cant wait to see you run with that set up.... cant wait to get mine done as well...

Bring on 2009....:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Could you show a full list of everything fitted and everything done to your engine N22NAK, i was thinking about supercharger on my k20, like the ATOM :)

The other option would be the Rotrex but i think they are a waste of money.... i know that lots of people have them and they claim huge power but for the top spec rotrex you need a fully built engine (5-8k) front mount intercoller and water/methanol injection and the largest charger probably cost over 10k all together...... and they still cant beat the current European record which is set by a Jackson Racing powered car 11.6s but will probably be in the 10s next year.....

You dont need a fully built engine and you dont need water/methanol injection and it dont cost 10k,and as for claiming huge power unless Surrey Rolling roads dyno lies then its fact not fiction.As you say its down to personal choice but the Rotrex isnt a bad option.

world known for their reliability.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: x a gizzilion

Ive never had a problem with CPL, But each to there own.

Robot, its worth calling some of the tuning guys and asking for advise, they carry out these sort of modifications on a regular basis. You may find that after speaking to them that what your after is not for you but its worth calling as they will be more than happy to give advise as you are a potential customer.

Think this thread had died then people.....
I figured that we all shared the passion etc for the Type R.... im relatively new to the forum and just wanted to share some of my experiences but what happens you get mobbed by people who seem to have a real lack of respect.....
It doesnt matter if you hate a tuner, person, company you should be big enough to have the respect for what they do and or achieve... i have huge respect for all the tuners out there modifying and competeing to be the best, god knows i wish i had a company as well known as CPL/TDI North.....
The truth is i am a loyal kinda guy and i had my first bit of work done at CPL years ago and a lot more since.... now i dont care if you hate Guy have some respect for what he has achieved....

I will definitly not post anymore comments that could cause this again especially when the post started out as a fellow TRO asking for advice etc..

Also apologies to the person who started this thread i didnt realise it would end up like this....

;)

You also have to realize that other people are entitled to their own opinions formed from their own and the experiences of those they know. It is nothing to do with respect, but having said that, respect is something you earn and for some here they have not done anything to earn that, and for others they started of as neutral and lost it for their own reasons.

However If you are happy with the work done on your car that is fine, if in your opinion it is amongst the best you have seen, that is also fine, and that is really what matters. Still there are those who will disagree, such is the nature of tuning, I would not take it to heart, or personally however :D.

Thanks for the spec list N22NAK, i am only thinking about it at the moment, as i do sprints at the moment but looking into circuit racing, and think i need a bit more torque mid range.

As for tuners i have had all the work done by the same guys and will continue to use them, Performance Autoworks is the place and Rich is the Honda man, he fitted my roll cage, the K20 and more, its a loyalty thing, i trust Rich, think his work is top notch, and have had a lot of work done by him, others would say the same about who they have used and trust, its all down to the person :) , and the ecu i have will cope with anything i throw at it, Autronic SM4 i think it was.

Any way thanks for the info :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Look everyone apologies for being a bit touchy... very unlike me....

Hope to chat to some of you properly (no stress:lol: :lol: ) at BTCC and even Jap Show Finale next month..

inabit :D :D

Hey no worries we will see you there, and like all forum warriors we are all wusses when it comes to chatting face to face :D

So just how much would your sc kit be goin for?

haha like yours is slow now lol.. :D. You know you should pop over again for a cuppa and a natter. We could go for a we drive and I can try and keep up :D

lol, some time m8, i am up in north yorkshire at the moment, but moving down to the south east soon, so that will be a bit closer, im just looking into different alternatives for more torque for pulling away from corners :) , and yeah she is pretty sweet as she is, but i would like to get to the 300bhp mark :)

If I had to go to a tuner, all of which I've heard good and bad stories/experiences from for a SC kit I think I'd use TDi as their after care seems to be a bit better. I've not dealt with them personally but I have seen a couple of datalogs and maps from their tunes on SC cars and they seem more open to help with any probs with their tunes.

I'll bite my tongue on who did the kit on my car as he got upset the last time I gave an opinion. Saying I personally was tarnishing his reputation worldwide.

Back