• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Supercharging Vs Turbo Vs Nos Discussion

maybe a section fail im not sure

i'm considering power routs for my TF now that im plodding along with actually getting it running without killing me, the car can handle allot more bhp but i dont want to loose any mpg when im tootling around town

i know supercharger kits and widely available for K20as but i dont fancy that, i loved driving my ZR turbo and Turbo+Tec will make a heck of a kick in the back, however again im worried about MPG :( do may people fit NOS to K20 engines? my main issue with this is fitting the bottle in the TF... bye bye boot space :(

so whos done what in the Type R world and how successful is each rout?

Rotrex charger on mine. It is a centrifugal charger so PSI builds with revs, so at low RPM it is hardly making any boost, high RPM and it gives maximum benefit. This sort of charger is perfectly suited to a high revving engine like the K20.

Basic kit has given me massive gains but it is still drivable everyday taking it easy.

MPG should be better than an Eaton type JRSC or CTSC as well, but this has yet to be seen on my car because I'm still in the flooring it at every opportunity stage. :lol:

Rotrex charger on mine. It is a centrifugal charger so PSI builds with revs, so at low RPM it is hardly making any boost, high RPM and it gives maximum benefit. This sort of charger is perfectly suited to a high revving engine like the K20.

Basic kit has given me massive gains but it is still drivable everyday taking it easy.

MPG should be better than an Eaton type JRSC or CTSC as well, but this has yet to be seen on my car because I'm still in the flooring it at every opportunity stage. :lol:

sounds good but again im worried about mpg :( the TF will be a daily drive for me... the other issue is that in the winter if the boost from the charger is right from tick over i can see me struggleing to drive the car

after all its RWD with no TCS or such and a very light car :(

I run Nitrous on my black CTR and it was fine. You can run up to 50bhp without needing a nitrous controller, anything more than a controller is recommend as the clutch takes a bit of a beating and also its not good for the drive shaft etc to have anything more than that kicking straight in.
Also, the bottle runs out quick so its only 'Temporary' power if you get my drift.

i'd be looking at a 75+ shot on a progressive controller probebly and the shots of nos would literally for short term fun in the TF so i quite literally get your drift lol

whats the K20 'safe' to? before needing to play with engine internals... i've herd 330 mentioned allot with supercharging

what about turboing?

Ahem, the JRSC has a bypass valve which works by vacuum.

If the revs are steady/manifold pressure is low, it bypasses the charger and acts like na returning good mpg.

It doesn't produce boost from tickover. like the rotrex, as revs build so does the power, in a linear fashion. The higher the revs the higher the boost pressure.

If you're worried about mpg, I'd leave it na

Back