• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Superchips fk2 map.... any good?

My cousin has just told me about a superchips map. It's available for 399 plus vat and labour. I have a dealer in chester just down the road.

54bhp increase and 115nm of torque increase (up to 380lbs ft from 295). I'm quite tempted.

However I'm not sure about these one for all engine maps. Are they any good? Anyone had any experience with these before?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

The only problem with the one for all maps is they don't show up any issues like you would see on a full dyno tune. For example an lambda sensor going funny and giving poor AFRs while you are turning the stress up on the engine.

That being said, at the moment, what else option do we have?!

Those headline figures will only be with supporting mods that will probably be listed along with the dyno chart. For 380 lbs ft I'm guessing 3" cat back, decat and uprated intercooler.

If you are in Chester, then TDi-North are only down the road in Warrington and at the minute can do the AMD remap for now which is similar to the Superchips. That is until they get live dyno mapping sorted.

I've run a superchips map on my audi for a couple of years now and can't fault it. Yes it's not car specific but neither is the factory map the car is running now!

On mine it just increases the mid range massively and helps out all the way to redline. Never had it on a dyno to see peak figures, but it's got just that extra bit of urgency when you want it, and sometimes when you don't! ;-)

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

I've run a superchips map on my audi for a couple of years now and can't fault it. Yes it's not car specific but neither is the factory map the car is running now!

On mine it just increases the mid range massively and helps out all the way to redline. Never had it on a dyno to see peak figures, but it's got just that extra bit of urgency when you want it, and sometimes when you don't! ;-)

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
That's a good point, iv never thought about the fact the factory map is a standardised map for all cars produced and not specific to the car either.

I really want to get a map and filter and exhaust asap but I want a good map and a exhaust that looks standard ish and sounds great. Just don't know which to go for.

The remus exhaust seems my favourite option but I haven't heard it in person yet. Not sure what to do...

Hmmmm decisions decisions

I've not been a fan of any of the exhaust notes so far, they all seem very farty on video.

Cobra doesn't sound too bad and some more vids are due today but I've heard mixed opinions regarding weld quality.

Yeah I am put off by the cobra exhaust as I too don't believe they will be very good quality. I only want to use the best materials really.
I heard too that the remus involves having to drill into the chassis to fit the electronic valve control unit. This puts me off a bit tbh.

I had a russ fellows exhaust on my last car and cousin has it on had it on his evo 8 and still has one on his evo 10. He will customise it to how you want to to look and they have always sounded great. He too is based on Chester and prices are very reasonable and quality is amazing.
Just don't know how it will sound on the civic and I know the engine light will come on with his system and I hate engine check lights. This also puts me off getting his exhaust lol.

Engine check light should only come on with a de-cat or possibly sports cat but should be fine with a cat back

Ah ok Thanks.

Would just a cat back produce more power and a good sound?
I know it may sound a daft question but in the past I have only ever gone the full hog and replaced the whole system and gone with no cat at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Milltek was dyno'd at adding about 15 bhp IIRC and that was just the cat-back, so they can make power.

The Milltek was dyno'd at adding about 15 bhp IIRC and that was just the cat-back, so they can make power.
Wow that's a good gain for just a cat back if it's true. I wouldn't have expected that. I thought those types of gains were only possible with a full de-cat system.

Goes to show just how restrictive the standard system is

Turbo cars respond well to breathing mods. I think TDi-North were up to 348 bhp with an intercooler, decat, Milltek 3" and their intake and no remap.

Turbo cars respond well to breathing mods. I think TDi-North were up to 348 bhp with an intercooler, decat, Milltek 3" and their intake and no remap.
Spoke to tdi north today. Apparently their cone filter and intake sounded brilliant and they were very happy with it. Unfortunately there was too many sensors on the fk2 and MAF sensor could not handle the amount of air and was throwing it into limp mode at 4k revs.
However he also assured me that the standard box set up is excellent anyway so a cone filter is not needed for power gains.

Heard their EC milltek system and it was very quiet like standard system. Think I will get the race system. I miss the loud exhaust noise from my evo and as this car is only for occasional use might just take the chance...

Back