• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Supersprint B-Pipe Owners - A quick question

My Sportex B-Pipe scrapes on some speed bumps. Even before it was lowered 15mm with the Eibach Pro Springs it would scape on some of the more aggresive speed bumps. I believe this is common with Sportex B-Pipes as it sits lower than the OEM B-Pipe.

Does the Supersprint unsilenced B-pipe hang lower and scrape on some speed bumps or does it sit flush like the OEM B-Pipe?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
It hangs lower than the OEM B-Pipe mate and with 30mm lowering springs you will catch it on speed bumps

Swapped mine for a Spoon B-pipe in the end but that catches even more

It hangs lower than the OEM B-Pipe mate and with 30mm lowering springs you will catch it on speed bumps

Swapped mine for a Spoon B-pipe in the end but that catches even more

Oh, ok, I think I will stick with what I have. Failing that, change back to the OEM B-Pipe to cure the scrapping and change the back box to a Spoon or other.

I think the sportex b-pipes are the same diameter anyway dude so you won't really see any benefit, I believe they are both 2.25" ID but the major difference bar the price is that the Sportex B-pipes are mild steel whereas the Supersprint versions are Stainless.

The scraping is pretty unavoidable when lowered, you will probably still have issues with the OEM B-Pipe when it comes to speed bumps etc

I think the sportex b-pipes are the same diameter anyway dude so you won't really see any benefit, I believe they are both 2.25" ID but the major difference bar the price is that the Sportex B-pipes are mild steel whereas the Supersprint versions are Stainless.

The scraping is pretty unavoidable when lowered, you will probably still have issues with the OEM B-Pipe when it comes to speed bumps etc

Just checked and the Sportex is 2.5" and the Supersprint is 2". Not sure if that .5" will make much difference as the car is lowered by 15mm.

The supersprint and sportex are both 2.5"OD with a 2.25" ID. Its eightspeed that advertise it as 2" but they are wrong, they confuse it with the scorpion b-pipe which is 2". I know this because I measured the supersprint when it was removed from my car, ID was 2.25" compared to spoon which was 2.38"

Last edited by a moderator:
My sportex does hang a bit lower than the OEM, but I think that with all b-pipes the difference is negligable. The best way to increase clearance would be to get a decat or sportscat manifold, for whatever reason the OEM cat is angled downwards, but then you're talking serious money and remap. I'll be dropping mycar by 30mm soon as I can afford it, lucky theres no speed bumps around here!

The supersprint and sportex are both 2.5"OD with a 2.25" ID. Its eightspeed that advertise it as 2" but they are wrong, they confuse it with the scorpion b-pipe which is 2". I know this because I measured the supersprint when it was removed from my car, ID was 2.25" compared to spoon which was 2.38"

Ah ok thanks. I got my info from eightspeed so I'm glad you confirmed the correct sizes. Cheers.

Back