• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Supersprint B pipe rattle when wet.

I've had the supersprint unsilenced b pipe on for about 3 months now.

When it rains pretty bad, the cold water hits the hot pipe and it rattles/groans and sounds like its scrapping on the floor, there are also horrendous vibrations coming through the floor. After about 20 secs it goes.

Has anybody else had this problem? If so, how did you sort it out?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jon

Aha. Yes mate that's the one. What a pain in the a** this is. Is there anything you can put in between the chassis and the B pipe??

My Spoon B-pipe used to do this as well.

I couldn't find anything to solve the problem. You learn to live with it when you realise what it is.

It used to feel like the B-pipe was hitting the underside of the car just under the drivers seat.

When you realise it is just water between the exhaust and the underside of the car kettling, you stop worrying. The only reason you notice it now and not on the stock exhaust is the stock exhaust is a smaller diameter.

I absolutely shat myself the first time it happened though. I was pulling into Burger King at Bamber Bridge and went over a big puddle. I was sure the exhaust had fallen off the car. :lol:

This one was bad today. Its done it a couple of times but not as bad, but jesus this one today. As you say Loxy it felt like the whole exhaust had come off. Lol

Thanks for the replies guys, puts my mind at rest.

Jon

Back