• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Supersprint B pipe

Hi guys,

Friend shown me a video of a Supersprint bpipe and standard backbox. It sounds great but thinking of replacing with a N1 later on so dont want it to be too loud.

Ive done a search and cant find what im looking for, which is.

How much of a difference is the silenced to the unsilenced version in terms of sound?

Unsilenced is loud, stupid loud IMO. Even with a OEM back box.

Harv had one on his DC5 and it was mega loud.

So with an N1, it's going to be unbarerable.

Harv had one on his DC5 and it was mega loud.

So with an N1, it's going to be unbarerable.

haha i'm going to give the unsilenced b-pipe a go with a Spoon N1 or a Buddyclub spec 3, i know the noise will be loud but i feel like i have to live the dream (for a while at least)

Ive seen a few video's of the supersprint with OEM and seems a little louder when plodding along but louder when booting it, which is what im after.
Ive just ordered it anyway so ill let you know sunday what i think of it and try get a video also

Supersprint with OEM backbox is borderline too loud, I have it and I've had it on for around 1 year. As said earlier, it isn't too much louder cruising around but pedal to the metal it is VERY loud. I like it for the most part, I will say this though - it ruins motorway cruising for me. 70mph is fine, 80mph is silly loud and 90mph is quiet again... very annoying IMO.

the worst bit is just going to be starting it up form cold on your driveway, even with just a spoon n1 its pretty extreme.

Supersprint with OEM backbox is borderline too loud, I have it and I've had it on for around 1 year. As said earlier, it isn't too much louder cruising around but pedal to the metal it is VERY loud. I like it for the most part, I will say this though - it ruins motorway cruising for me. 70mph is fine, 80mph is silly loud and 90mph is quiet again... very annoying IMO.
This is what im after, something which plodding around is quiet and then when you open it up its loud. I had a full piper on my last car which was stripped and sound deadening removed etc etc, was fine with the noise for me.

I suppose i did burst my eardrum a few years ago, maybe this helps with the noise :p

I like loud! - But seriously i have unsilenced 2.5" and its only too loud when you drive that way, it gizzles a little fizzle under 4k revs but nothing too extreme

One thing,

Will i need any new gaskets or anything when swapping or just swap and thats it....

Back