• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Supersprint B pipe

I've got one of R8BYB's unsilenced ones with the OEM backbox and only needed the gasket at the cat end. Not too loud at all even by my standards. Never liked loud exhausts. I chose it because I think a VTEC motor should give a raspy sound as opposed to a boomy low pitch sound. As said, it's loud but not overly so when booting it but to be honest the induction kit drawns out the exhaust from the cabin. I might put OEM airbox off one day and see how it sounds then.

I've got one of R8BYB's unsilenced ones with the OEM backbox and only needed the gasket at the cat end. Not too loud at all even by my standards. Never liked loud exhausts. I chose it because I think a VTEC motor should give a raspy sound as opposed to a boomy low pitch sound. As said, it's loud but not overly so when booting it but to be honest the induction kit drawns out the exhaust from the cabin. I might put OEM airbox off one day and see how it sounds then.

How much was the gasket? From Honda or somewhere else?

When putting the b-pipe onto my OEM backbox it was clear i needed a new gasket; It depens really on how worn the one currently is... I haven't replaced the gasket yet my friend just covered it - A gasket only costs a couple of quid i think; if you take it to the garage when getting your b-pipe fitted ask them to stick it on and it shouldn't cost anything extra

I was going to fit it myself tbh. Unless its an absolute MARE of a job and better to get a garage to do it?

It depends how soft/corroded the nuts & bolts are. The 3 nuts connecting the bpipe to the cat I had to cut off as they just rounded

probably best getting a gasket between the backbox and b pipe, mine was pretty much fused the the exhaust when i got the backbox off.

Ive actually got one sitting in honda waiting for me to pick it up, but i found one in the local motorfactors on the day.

Oh god, well wish me luck then. Since ill be fitting sunday and most places are shut....Does halfords sell the right bolts to replace as there probably the only place open if it happens?

I bought the gasket from ebay for a fiver. Not sure about the Supersprint but the R8BYB already has the gasket for the back box end attached to the b-pipe. Mine is a 55 plate and the bolts were buggered!! I tried it with a mate of mine helping and ended up taking it to garage instead. Bolts wouldn't move at all!

Get the bolts from Honda I say, especially the ones between b-pipe at back box where they are special spring loaded things.

I bought the gasket from ebay for a fiver. Not sure about the Supersprint but the R8BYB already has the gasket for the back box end attached to the b-pipe. Mine is a 55 plate and the bolts were buggered!! I tried it with a mate of mine helping and ended up taking it to garage instead. Bolts wouldn't move at all!
Just gave eurocarparts a call, they have one left for £2 something so ill go get that

Get the bolts from Honda I say, especially the ones between b-pipe at back box where they are special spring loaded things.
Cheers, replacing every man and his dog just swapping one thing over haha

i couldnt find the spring bolts anywhere, about £7.50 from honda, and use your old springs.
Ive got the nuts if you need some ;)

I too, was going to do it myself - but all the bolts were completely foooked! I took it to a garage in the end and total job cost me £20 (very cheap) - A gasket is cheap like i said so buy one before and take it with you! You will more than likely need the bolts cut off or if not soak them with wd40 for a few hours / you can also heat them etc but i just let the garage deal with it.

Back