• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Supersprint B Pipe

I have given this a quick search and can't find anything so here goes...
I was looking at buying a full Catback system such as DC sports, Piper, Mongoose, but I have heard that a Supersprint B pipe coupled with the OEM backbox is a good setup for both noise and it doesn't reduce performance in anyway (unsure if it will provide any gains). So my few questions are:

Which to go for, Silenced, Unsilenced?
Will the Supersprint B Pipe be a straight replacement for OEM part?
Will it effect MOT emmisons testing, I.E Cat?
And is this a good price? http://shop.revotechnik.com/products/318/supersprint-unsilenced-centre-b-pipe-for-honda-civic-type-r-ep3.aspx

Thanks a lot :)

If you want to couple it with the standard back box then I personally would get an unsilened one. It is a direct replacement and you will be fine for the MOT.

Billy I have this set up with a aem cai and it gives a nice raspy sound but not too loud, this is with a unsilenced supersprint and mine's putting out 213bhp.

Billy I have this set up with a aem cai and it gives a nice raspy sound but not too loud, this is with a unsilenced supersprint and mine's putting out 213bhp.

That sounds good to me! I used to love the raspy sound pugsports give out on 106 gti/rallyes's so i'll be happy with that :)

Been considering these for a while. Didn't realize the fitment was so straight forward. This will fit straight on to a fully standard exhaust?

Anyone know if the unsilenced one is loud when accelerating smoothly or does it drone?

Don't know much about the EP3 exhaust. But a b-pipe + a backbox, these the only components in a 'cat back system' or would a catback include something else?

Yes, a cat back is the b pipe and back box.
It will fit a Standard exhaust too.

Not sure how they sound though, never heard one tbh.

They're not bad Stoo, similar to a Spoon B pipe TBH. The unsilenced one is a bit OTT with a manifold or loud back box but it works very well with the stock back box.

Old car had a full SS system, inc. 4-2-1 manifold and decat. It was pretty loud and don't want that again so it's putting off.

Are there any fairly quiet yet nice sounding cat-back systems?

Don't want to thread hi-jack, it just seemed as if the OP got what he needed and this is related.

If you want to spend a little less then the DC system is a quality bit of kit.

Been considering these for a while. Didn't realize the fitment was so straight forward. This will fit straight on to a fully standard exhaust?

Anyone know if the unsilenced one is loud when accelerating smoothly or does it drone?

Don't know much about the EP3 exhaust. But a b-pipe + a backbox, these the only components in a 'cat back system' or would a catback include something else?
No drone whatsoever however I have been measured at about 103db at Cadwell at 5500rpm but to be honest it doesn't sound that loud in the car.

Go onto YouTube type in whitewolfdrums. That's my channel and find supersprint b pipe runs there are two vids.

Back