• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

supersprint unsilenced b pipe vs spoon b pipe

Hi is there a big difference in quality / sound of these two b pipes, just can't justify paying £580 for a spoon b pipe.As I have seen on www.eightspeed.co.uk supersprint do one for £220 ? I will be keeping the oem back box ... So please someone point me in the right direction :) any help/thoughts much appreciated thanks

I have a spoon one and its good not too loud not sure what you want but it isn't that loud comparing to the sportex or the piper catback that's all I've had to compare that too, it also made good gains when I got it mapped, I paid 200 for mine 2nd hand so maybe keep an eye out.

Does that require modifcations to the flange bolts to fit a uk spec cat ? Been keeping an eye out on eBay but one on there at the momment is like 5 years old and looks worn out and a couple of dents/rust round flange

Think its just same as oem fittings mate.

I have never heard bad things about the supersprint one either btw so both are good from what i hear.

It's just the price because I want one now lol so may go supersprint unsilenced to oem back box and eventually get a spoon n1 backbox I hear that combo is lethal ha

lol am not sure on the difference with gains probably not much in it, but with supersprint being unsilenced it will be a lot louder and if you go n1 it will be even more louder as I hear they things are loud lol. Supersprint one will defintinely be good though.

Eightspeed advertise it as a 2" bore but I'm sure I read on here that they've made a mistake n they actually 2"25 as I don't think they do a 2". Can't wait to fit it I also have a tegiwa carbon induction fitted so it's my second mod :) only hAd car a month lol

hey guys was just wondering, does a resonated b pipe restrict the exhaust? is that y the un resonated are popular? I'm very keen on keeping mine quiet, don't mind it going deeper thought.

If you buy an unsilenced supersprint it won't be to loud if you keep your standard back box, but buy silenced b pipe if your thinking of changing your back box :)

If you buy an unsilenced supersprint it won't be to loud if you keep your standard back box, but buy silenced b pipe if your thinking of changing your back box :)
to be honest I've been quoted 280 by a company in Newport they put one on my mate's astra turbo and it looks like it's very well built. do you reckon it's best to stick with the brands mentioned? still new to this

Yes I would only use branded ones, the spoon b pipe or supersprint seem the most popular, Sportex are mild steel and not stainless therefore there cheaper but the don't last as long. Go on YouTube and search type r ep3 supersprint b pipe to oem backbox and have a listen see what ya think

Back