• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

supersprint unsilenced b pipe vs spoon b pipe

Does anyone know what power I would be running with a tegiwa carbon induction kit with a unsilenced supersprint b pipe ? Is it worth getting it mapped or not ?

I got mine mapped with just Tegiwa kit and unsilenced b-pipe and got 234bhp. Lowered vtec to 5300rpm, and raised rev limit to 8700rpm. Runs alot smoother, and get better MPGs than before the map, so I personally think its worth getting it mapped.

Just depends what you want out of it. If your planning on doing more mods (intake/exhaust manifold etc) then it would be worth saving til youve got all parts, fitting them all, and getting it mapped once

Wow that is excellent gains, did u get it mapped at tdi north ? Im addicted to modding so probaly will be getting à header and decat not sûre about intake manifold is it really worth it ?

Yeh it was Paul @ TDi North who mapped mine.

Most people go for RBC manifold, apparently improves throttle response, and lets you squeeze a few extra BHP out of the top end, but thats about it I think.

Im going to go for it and get a race header probaly a 4-2-1 tegiwa,and an rbc intake. Is it best to get all that fitted and then mapped straight after ?

And i dont know how that will sound if i keep the oem back box, because spoon n1 is said to be to loud with just an unsilenced b bipe let alone a header aswell!

Yes it would be best to get mapped straight away. Probably best to get it fitted just before getting it mapped, as decatting will throw up EML.

OEM back box is nowhere near as loud as the Spoon N1. Youll notice an unsilenced b-pipe will make it a lot more raspy, but its not something I would class as 'too loud'

Yer but i mean when i add the tegiwa manifold & decat will that be alot more noisey, i want the performance but i dont want the drone lol

it will raise it a few dB's but nothing major. majority of extra noise will be coming from un-silenced b-pipe. I didnt think my setup with OEM back box has that much drone tbh

Also, Id go for DC Sports manifold over Tegiwa if I were you :)

Yer but i mean when i add the tegiwa manifold & decat will that be alot more noisey, i want the performance but i dont want the drone lol
I have a japspeed 421 decat and spoon bpipe and oem backbox and dc5 cams and rbc and aem cai, and it really doesn't drone it is a little louder than standard but not by much. I didn't want the drone either i use to have piper catback and i had to change it cause it was to loud and it wasn't even that bad am just fussy.

The oem backbox does keep the noise down a good bit.

but then it makes you think how much is the oem back box restricting it ! Lol I would get a spoon n1 but people say its to loud i like the sound in vids but never heard in real life
I have a japspeed 421 decat and spoon bpipe and oem backbox and dc5 cams and rbc and aem cai, and it really doesn't drone it is a little louder than standard but not by much. I didn't want the drone either i use to have piper catback and i had to change it cause it was to loud and it wasn't even that bad am just fussy.

The oem backbox does keep the noise down a good bit.

I got 245.5bhp at tdi with that so wouldn't say it restricts it that much it will restrict it a little though.

Most restricting part is the bpipe then the cat.

Either way 2" or 2.5 you wont notice any difference. Im going for a 2.5 sportex from ebay 70-80 quid. Its just a pipe...

Does anyone know if the unsilenced supersprint is a 2" or a 2.25" because eightspeed advertise it as a 2" but IVe heard they got it mixed up with the scorpion. And as for the Sportex it will not last as long and is not as good quality as stainless so it will rot

The sportex isnt stainless your right but ask yourself how long do you intend to keep the car for? I cant see it rotting that quickly. Plus its been prepped with a sealent. As for the supersprint i believe its 2.25. But please check before you buy.

Will last 2/3 years no longer i had a Sportex race tube on my saxo vtr and it rusted and started blowing and hAd a hole in it after 2 years . I have already ordered the supersprint b pipe :) should be with me tomorrow . Next on the list is race header then a re map :)

Mine lasted 4 years on my golf and still going strong with new owner. I guess its just pot luck.

Out of interest what what diameter was the supersprint you ordered?

Back