• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Surrey RR - Dyno Results

Apologies if its in the wrogn section - looked like the best one to me :)

So i went to Surrey RR today with a few chums and people off a local site. Despite being a bit chilly, got some fairly good results!

Streaky - The EMO SiR EG6
177.9bhp, 122lbft torque (fly)
147.5Whp, 102lbft torque (wheels)
So not too bad, as i am already aware it really needs a remap and the fuelling is all over the shop - but not too shabby (12 ponies short of a fettled golf VR6) so with a map should see it around the 190bhp mark! The guys at SRR said it was deffo one fo the more powerful civics they have had there.

Of course the dilemma is its unofficially sold, as i have the hankering for an ITR big time!

VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf0cWng0meM

FLYWHEEL

Streaky-EMOBHP.jpg

WHEELS

StreakyEMOWHP.jpg

AFR :lol:

Streaky-EMOAFR.jpg

Seansy - Fresh 98 spec ITR

197.7bhp, (fly)

165Whp (wheels)

For a "standard" car, bar a catback, we were expecting 185 according to the guys at SRR. When it hit this we were all shocked, especially the dyno operators! Its almost deffo had a remap in Japan, and we are going to pop the cam cover off to check if its on standard pullies or not (if not, we think maybe some slightly more aggressive cams have been installed?)

VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRUFtc6oUPY

Shaan - Sheddy RB5aru

260.6bhp (fly)

200whp, 200lbft torque (wheels)

Another car in desperate need of a remap. Decat, cat back, filter and a front mount. Quite an impressive figure :) He has a new turbo and remap lined up however, so should be close to the 3000 mark once up and running.

VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoCtHcPy4yA

Last edited by a moderator:
Good result mate :smt023

Would be great to see it in the flesh so get together with Lottie and Si and join us on a meet sometime... :p :lol:

i think i made 212 @ fly and like 178 at wheels rings a bell at that place

not sure what mods or map i had at the time thou :S

Nice results from all especially the Honda guys my man ;)

I hope Charlie looked after you all.
Was he sporting the Emmett Brown hair do as per usual? :lol:

Haha - indeed there was some crazy hair going on! SRR said the average standard DC2 ITR (import) makes around 185 horses on their rollers so it shows im not too far off! And Sean was pleasantly surprised to hear his has been fettled so we just need to figure out whats been done now!

Lots of other cars went, but mainly Vag's and Vauxhalls so i only put up the Jap results.

Still, its almost making me think about keeping it! Ahh decisions!

Sharky - may well be at this end of the month meet, we shall see!

Surrey RR is where I get all my dynos done. tbh it's a great place. The dyno is realistic. Once you find a place you like you have to stick to it anyway coz although the AFR graphs can be done anywhere, the power reading is relevant only when few readings have been done on the same dyno.

My car made something like 340bhp "somewhere" and 290 at surrey RR.
I had a 200 reading from surrey RR before, and I did not believe the mods I had gave it a 140 ponies. the 90 was much much more realistic.

Good car you got there Streaky!

Thanks guys!

Anouar, would this happen to be the same place i went previously? I agree thoguh, the guys there did say that my previous figures did seem quite high, but also that a "standard" healthy civic b16 should be around 155 ponies. So a fair increase there still!

Hopefully with your help i'll be getting these numbers a bit higher in the next month or two! :D

Of course the dilemma is its unofficially sold, as i have the hankering for an ITR big time!

I know a guy who will be interested in your SiR if your selling it. He has an integra type r but still wants to keep it for a while otherwise you could have sorted somet out.

How much do you want for yours??

Its a tough call mate, it looks like i am keeping it now! However with all the new bits that are going in over the next 3 months (hondata s300 and remap, brand new recaro's, retrimmed interior, tein super street suspension, new OEM bumper and lip) and then mileage and condition on top of it, i would be looking at around the £5500 mark.

Steep to some, but you quite honestly would struggle to find another EG civic with this spec, condition or mileage anywhere else. And as im sure a few on here may vouch, it happily keeps up (and overtakes dc2's) and ep3's :lol:

If your friend has a yellow or black 98 spec though, we could talk. :cool:

Back