• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

SurreyEP3's NHB premier EP3

Hi all

I'm new to the forum and recently picked up my second ep3 premier edition.

my last few cars were

mk5 golf GTi edition 30 REVO stage 2 334hp 341ftlb
ep3 type R premeir edition stanadard
mk4 golf r32 stage 2 260hp 25ftlb
current ep3 type r premier edition 235hp

i found my new civic on eBay and agreed a swap for my mk4 r32 plus he gave me approx £1,000 worth in new parts and detailing paint gauges etc.

car was filthy after a 951 mile round trip weekend lol

few pics I took this morning before a good detail session.

Weapons of choice

filthy car

i had some LED bulbs left over from my last ep3 so fitted them

after I'd snow foamed, 2 bucket method the whole car then dried, I realise had my work cut out when I seen the heavily swirled/hologram paint work.

Paint work was heavily contaminated

swirl city

only had time to do the bonnet and wings but wil finish the car tomorrow for definate

the results

paint readings were quite good so gave it a good heavy cutting and brought the shine back really well with other 3m compounds and polishes. Tried to get a good photo of the perfectly corrected wing against the crap swirled door but iphone quality was shocking and didn't capture it.
Will finish the car tomorrow

cars spec is

dc sport 4-2-1
custom made manifold back system
AEM v2 intake
AEM fuel rail
k100 ecu tuned by Henry Roy
rota torque 17x7.5
Full led bulb conversion inc interior
6K xenon hid

i removed the spoon engine torque damper as it drove me nuts, I had all 3 mounts on my mk5 edition 30 replaced with Revo racings mounts and they were silent compared to the spoon tooth destroyer! Also took out the buddyclub racing condenser as it looked terrible and cheap

i have the civic booked in at Crawley Honda on 31/12 for valve clearances, aux belt and tensioner replaced, gearbox fluid change and a general check over.

I am lucky and have 12 days off for Xmas so I will be fitting new:

Top mounts
Superpro bushes
Grooved discs and pad
Goodrich braided hoses
lambda sensor
Refit xenon hid kit
Millers nanodrive 5W40
JDM hamp filter
Magnetic sump plug
NGK iridium Spark plugs
Inner wheel arches
sub and amplifier
paint rocker cover
paint Inlet manifod

I will be fitting within 6 months

Bilstein dampers with H&R springs
eibach camber kit front and rear
front and rear strut braces
h&R front and rear anti roll bars
stage 1 supercharger.

i have modified cars from standard to massive specs in the past like my mk5 Gti edition 30 for example, I fitted engine mounts, full TBE, custom Cai, rs4 coil packs, large fmic, alloy radiator, forge dv, catch can,koni STR.t suspension, superpro bushes, big brake kit, H&R ARB, wheels, gauges, audio. The end result was 334bhp & 341ftlb.

i sold it to fund our house deposit and now own a ep3 as my daily run around until we're fully settled into our house/mortgage then I'll either go fully forged race/track ep3 or buy my dream of a evo X gsr stage 3-5.

I will ill be doing some track days next year in the civic so I will add all my car prep progress here too 

all comments welcome, any local people I'll look out for you (crawley/Gatwick/lingfield)

jake

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished the car today, I'm not 110% happy with it so I will attack the paint on some panels again when I'm off at Christmas to get it spot on.

Results from first correction (tyres are now dressed)

When I fit the arch liners, discs pads and lines I'll clay and seal all the wheels ready for winter

Jake

Cheers Pete, took a while but it is never a 2 hour job :D

you should give it a try stui, just take your time when compounding lol

Looking to swap the rota torques for something else and the AEM intake as its a bit loud for the Mrs so looking for a OEM airbox :| looking forward to getting all my bits fitted next week then in at honda for valve clearances and gearbox oil change too

Back