• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Suspension Knock/Rattle from cold

Have searched previous posts but nothing definative so here goes, when i reverse of the drive get sort of knock/rattle, only hear this when car as sat over night or for any length of time, the nearest i can describe this, as same knock after i fitted coil-overs to my scoob, my theory is the suspension as settled over night and it's just loading itself?? i never hear it again all day, this is on a FN2 civic type r, only covered 2k miles. anyone experience similar noise??

Last edited by a moderator:
mine also does this when left for a period of time. i think it's pretty commen problem with Fn2's. i'm taking mine back to the honda dealer to see if anything can be done

There has been a recall regarding rear suspension, when left for long periods you get a groan,creak from the rear suspension for the first 5mins.
I had this problem and the recall fixed it.

However I wouldn't really call it a knocking noise.

Back