• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Suspension knocking sounds?

Just wondered if you guys could diagnose this?

It's basically when I go over bumps and potholes etc it sounds like something knocking or somethings loose? Sounds like it's coming from the suspension as it's only really noticeable when I go over bumps, I have Jamex coilovers atm and they are a pretty harsh ride but I'm used to that!

check your shocks maybe they are leaking
bushings also - it would be a great thing to change them for polyurethane one..

How many miles? Anti roll bar drop links tend to go first on suspension, especially if the car is lowered, if not then track rod ends.

Check the top mount bolt, it came loose on mine and I got a knocking noise.

mine is doing this too.

suspension is entirely stock but is due to go in for camber bolts & rear arms and FRSU next month.

looks like i will have to sort this out first though.

it only ever happens when going over speed bumps in the middle of the road. [the ones you have to straddle] or going over railway crossings

is it safe to say it will be droplinks/trackrod ends.

OP, did you get your sorted? if so what was it?

how much would either of these cost to fix as a rough estimate?

I have this too on right and left, bottom boll joints were fine as well as the drop links, I have changed the track rod ends too but the knocks are still there.

I even changed the left top mount to a OEM honda, and used what Integrastella sold me on my right but its still there. :D

honda mentioned at the end of feb that there was a slight leak on the CV Boot that wasnt urgent but needed sorting soon.

could this be the reason for the knocking? how can i check?

CV joints don't knock, they cause a clicking sound on lock iirc that varies with the speed the the driveshafts travel at.

it wont be that then, been out at lunchtime with a few people from work and the consensus is that the top mount is what is causing the sound.
steering feels tight so i guess that rules out droplinks?

Back