• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

suspension knocking

Hi there, got a knocking sound every time i go over a bump or hit a pot hole. I think it's possibly the shock not too sure. would a shock knock if it's knackered or could it be something else:confused: i can't see any problems but don't really know what i'm looking at.
The car's done a lot of miles.
If anyone could give me any advice it would be appreciated

I'm getting a similar noise. I have coilovers but same principal and my bushes in the shock have worn out. If you take the wheel off and pull on the strut if it moves then there is your problem :)

been fidling around with it today an think its actually the steering column, it seems to jolt about abit. If it is this is this an easy fix or major, the steerings not affected but it just doesnt sound healthy.

Had it in at a garage & everything is fine but its still knocking

i have same problem but mine knocks when i turn steering wheel one turn to the left, its been in garage on numerous occassions, had some bits changed and cant fault it..... car is still knocking though

did u manage to get the problem sorted???

i have same problem but mine knocks when i turn steering wheel one turn to the left, its been in garage on numerous occassions, had some bits changed and cant fault it..... car is still knocking though

did u manage to get the problem sorted???

no its still doing it i recently lowered the with my bro's set up off his ctr & i was hoping it was my shocks but its still doing it :mad:

Back