• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Suspension Maintenance

Hi guys,

finally took my CTR out last weekend and gave it a few good runs already :D

However I felt that especially the suspension could need a bit of maintenance, everything felt a bit "used" , the car has approx. 70k miles on it now.

The coilovers are pretty new with about 12k miles on it, with them I also changed the strut bearings, so they should be fine.

I'm thinking about new bushes, drop links, ball joints and track rod ends, maybe also wheel bearings. Any recommendations from your side what's useful
and what's not? I found various information on the ball joints, some say they can be changed separately, others say that you have to replace the whole wishbone?

As always, your help is greatly appreciated O:)

Cheers
Michael

Superpro polybush kit would probably make a world of difference.

Do your coilovers have camber adjustment on the top mount? If not, get some camber arms (or spacers if it's an FN2) & get it set up professionally.

That was quick, thanks mate :) The parts look really good.

Do you have the part numbers still availabe? I assume the parts should be the same for LHD/RHD.

Any issues when replacing the ball joints? Heard various things that aftermarket joints don't fit exactly, because the OEM one are slightly bigger to keep them in place.
To be honest I think that this is just for Honda to be able to sell the full wishbone, but enough for me to worry about.

@Hazz thanks, was looking for either the Superpro or the Energy Suspension kit, not sure if there's a difference in quality.
It's the EP3, coilovers don't have camber adjustment. I'm very happy with how the car handles, but maybe the FRSU is a thing
worth thinking about. Maybe the first in Austria :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wondering if it's cheaper to change the bushes, which requires the wishbone to come off, undo the old ones and install the new ones, or change the complete wishbone which already has new bushes.
I know the new wishbones are more expensive than new bushes, but which option takes more time (for a mechanic)?

Back