• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Sway bar ?

I hope you can help me . I've recently fitted eibach pro sport springs and had new drop links fitted , yet when I take a corner at good speed the back ends sways out like I have lost control , my question is do I need a new eibach sway bar or do I have a suspension problem ? It's a little scary so any help or advice would be great thankyou

Torsion beam on the rear, so any sort of bar on the back will have debatable results.

Did you have the geo redone after fitting the springs?

Yes the geo was all sorted , it really is scary , the only way to describe it is like having shopping trolley wheels on the back , should I have it re- geometry done ?

The frsu geo is not really 'one size fits all'. It can be fettled to your own driving style.

To increase stability and reduce oversteer:

Increase toe-out on the rear.
Decrease front tyre pressure/increase rear tyre pressure.
Soften rear anti-roll bar.

Driver technique will make a bigger difference than all these things. Rs are quite prone to lift-off oversteer; so tuning the suspension geo and focusing on apex and exit speed rather than entry speed will make all the difference.

I agree, FN2s are no doubt the pinnacle of live rear axle technology. You can't help but respect Honda for taking such an old idea and using it to such effect.

It just never crossed my mind that such a modern car would not have a rear anti roll bar. Now that I think on it I feel foolish.

Hhm I just don't know what direction to go to sort the problem out it's like floating on the rear . Thanks again for your in put :D

Back