• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

synchro problem

i have a pre facelift atr. done some reading up before purchase about the 5th synchro problem etc. the owner assured me the owner before him fitted a 'recon' box. its still there. is it worth changing the oil first.
if not. is there 'kits' of some description or just change the box?

i would check/change the oil first and make sure you clutch is bled and adjusted propperly ,it could be worn but the adjustment/flud change can sometimes eliminate the symptoms, and its worth checking it first as fluid is £24ish for the 2litres and clutch fluid is less than £10...

If that doesnt fix it then give Grinspeed a shout on here, dealt with them in the past and they have amazing service!

you can get syncro kits,if you rebuild the box then at least you know what condition it is now in, if you buy a 2nd hand box, it could also be worn/on the way out....

well had a look at clutch fluid today at work and its near as dam it black in the master cylinder....so think i'll be changing that then going further if needed. when i get a chance

Back