• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

T-Cut

I have a 2004 Milano EP3, what T-Cut would you suggest to use to bring my faded bonnet and roof back to glory?

See my detailing thread(in my sig), as you're not too far from me.

Unfortunately, some milano's are too deep for repair though:(

it depends how bad its faded. The easiest way and best way is to use a polisher with some cutting compound as your never get it back up by just hand polishing

from what i have read, Milano paint fade is a nightmare to sort as its the actual paint under the laquer that has faded so you could polish the nuts off the car and it would still look poor.

I think the milano red is painted in a solid paint so no lacquer which is why you get the fade. Reds are always a pain to get back up but can be done its just keeping it there that is hard

^^ As above.

It depends if its been painted in 2k solid or base and clear.

My Milano DC5 was 2/3 painted in 2k solid so alot of that was recoverable from fade. The other 1/3 had been painted in base & clear so was shiney anyways.

Red by nature fades, its the pigment in the paint. Its just really opaque. As are alot of other solid colours, blue, green etc but red it worst.

If its painted in 2k solid then you're actually polishing the paint it self & by using some cutting compount you're removing the old, shitty, faded paint on top to get to the nice shiney red underneath.

If its been painted in base & clear then the red has faded under the clear laquar (mainly down to poor base/colour coat or cheap laquar with no UV protection in it). If this is the case, you have no chance or recovering it.

How to check, get some compunt on a rag and give it a polish, if the rag turns red, its 2k colid, if not, its base & clear.

I'd suggest Frecla G6 for a first timer, its a good product but not as aggresive/rubbish and G3.

Not a fan of Farecla G6 and agree G3 is rubbish Im more a fan of the 3M Fast Cut Plus by far the best compound polish ive used!

I'm a huge fan of G3. It's super aggressive so wont suit most everyday uses, but it's super effective when used correctly and for the right purpose.

Not a fan of Farecla G6 and agree G3 is rubbish Im more a fan of the 3M Fast Cut Plus by far the best compound polish ive used!

I'm a full on 3M fan, FCP is the best product if you ask me. Espically used with a waffle head IMPO.

I just suggested G6 as its good for an amature as its not super aggresive. G3 is just ****.

Back