• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Takata 4 point Harness

Does anyone know if it would be possible to retain full use of the standard seatbelt with these fitted?

I am wanting to get a harness for track use but would not want to use daily or go through the hassle of fitting/removing each time.

Another question here; the standard seats in an ep3 only have one hole in the headrest, I'm guessing that's because they're not made to be used with harnesses. Would it be unwise to use somethinglike this with standard seats? And do you think the straps would sit right up against your neck?
takata-drift-iii-harness-4-point-street-left-snap-on-green-3721_zpsc3b53cab.jpg

Something to bare in mind, if you use harnesses, use a harness bar as if you have the harnesses bolted into the rear seats they will pull back and down in the event of an accident breaking your back. A Harness bar will pull you back into your seat

Another question here; the standard seats in an ep3 only have one hole in the headrest, I'm guessing that's because they're not made to be used with harnesses. Would it be unwise to use somethinglike this with standard seats? And do you think the straps would sit right up against your neck?
takata-drift-iii-harness-4-point-street-left-snap-on-green-3721_zpsc3b53cab.jpg

I think it would be ok but obviously not ideal. I have been looking into this a lot recently and really the only safe way to run a harness would be with a fixed bucket seat and a roll cage. The trouble with that is having a cage without wearing a helmet is just as dangerous.

I wanted to use them purely for on track stability but think i'm just going to try one of those cg-locks and see how I get on.

I know a lot of people run them without buckets/cages and they have not had any issue but it's always going to be a risk.

Yep, I'll not be putting a cage in my ep, definately a track only mod IMO. I've been trying to figure out if the back seats would still be useable with a harness bar in place. I was thinking these clip in harnesses could go in and out in 5 mins, assuming the bar can stay in place.

What are cg-locks anyway?

Harness Bar can stay in, but its a ballache to get in and out of the back seats, also if you have an accident with passengers in the back, the first thing their face will hit is the harness bar.

I wouldnt recommend it.

Something to bare in mind, if you use harnesses, use a harness bar as if you have the harnesses bolted into the rear seats they will pull back and down in the event of an accident breaking your back. A Harness bar will pull you back into your seat

I would have thought that attaching to the bar itself would be far more dangerous. I was under the impression that they were used as a guide to get the correct belt angle rather than a fixing point.

Yep, I'll not be putting a cage in my ep, definately a track only mod IMO. I've been trying to figure out if the back seats would still be useable with a harness bar in place. I was thinking these clip in harnesses could go in and out in 5 mins, assuming the bar can stay in place.

What are cg-locks anyway?

http://www.cg-lock.co.uk/ Obviously not going to hold you in as much as a harness but they are much cheaper and should be a lot safer.

This is how I had mine. Bolted to the rear seat belt bolts and fed over the harness bar through the seat.

10012012037.jpg

Also note, my standard seat belts are still in.

Yep, as I understand it, the harnesses should bolt on the the seatbelt mounts for the rear seat, and wrap around the bar. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Those cg locks are a cool idea. I'll admit though that I'm more interested in having awesome looking harnesses than being held immobile in my seat on a track.

Yep, as I understand it, the harnesses should bolt on the the seatbelt mounts for the rear seat, and wrap around the bar. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Those cg locks are a cool idea. I'll admit though that I'm more interested in having awesome looking harnesses than being held immobile in my seat on a track.

Fair enough. The only thing to bear in mind though is that in the event of a crash the standard seatbelts are designed to allow some movement. With a harness however you would be fixed to the seat which I why I said the only really safe way for to be used is with a cage.

Back