• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Takata 5 point harness

And also unless you've got a seat with a slot for the crotch strap then you couldn't run them as a 5 point safely anyway :)

Ah ok, think im going to go for the 4 point version then.. Easy enough to fit?

Yes - easy as. Providing all of the kit is supplied - you should have 4 eyebolts per harness, which simply replace OEM bolts.

Two eyebolts replace the seat belt buckle bolts on either side of the front seat you are fitting the harness to. The remaining two eyebolts replace OEM bolts that hold the rear seat belt buckles in place. Once you've replaced all OEM bolts for Takata eyebolts, each harness end clips in to an eyebolt.

*please do not try to replace seat rail bolts for Takata eyebolts - they won't screw in firstly - secondly the angle is dangerous*

What seats do you have? How are you routing the harnesses over your shoulders?

It's vital you route them correctly to reap the benefits etc. And ensure your sh!t is safe, should the worse happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not getting you dude.

What do you mean regarding the rear seat belt mount points?

The angle is fine if you use the lower rear seat-belt points - no problem at all.

Next time I'm in the car, I'll take pics to show you the points. Alternatively check TarmaNymphs thread as he has Takatas, I don't any more. He has a harness bar, but he has used the mounting points that I described - he has pics in his thread - they'll give you an idea of where the mounting points are.

If you're getting your Takatas new, they'll come with detailed instructions - Takata's website has a PDF installation guide too.

Awesome seats too guv'nor.

I'm not getting you dude.

What do you mean regarding the rear seat belt mount points?

The angle is fine if you use the lower rear seat-belt points - no problem at all.

Next time I'm in the car, I'll take pics to show you the points. Alternatively check TarmaNymphs thread as he has Takatas, I don't any more. He has a harness bar, but he has used the mounting points that I described - he has pics in his thread - they'll give you an idea of where the mounting points are.

If you're getting your Takatas new, they'll come with detailed instructions - Takata's website has a PDF installation guide too.

Awesome seats too guv'nor.

Thanks, can't wait for them to get here! :D

I thought you need the harness bar to make the angle safe so it doesnt snap your spine?

Spoke to Karl about it and he said they are not essential but in a high speed accident it could snap your spine if they pull down too hard?

Cheers for the guide, makes me want them more :lol:

You're very welcome man.

As per Takata's instructions, it's not mandatory - the choice is yours.

I want some more Takatas :(

Soon come... I hope... :D

I'll make sure i upload some pics to progress thread once they are in :)

Back