• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Takata Green

Anyone kind enough to provide me with a decent match/details of the paintcode for Takata Green (or a good approximate match) - (For powdercoating purposes?)

Or is it just a case of unclipping me Harnesses and comparing them to a catalogue full of the colour green?

I'm after the advice, because I'm sure that looking at many shades of green in a catalogue will do my eyes in, and I don't really want to end up with a miss match having been left confused by the colour green :evil::D

I have seen that there appears to be many ideas of what Takata Green actually looks like, as a google search will suggest - from Volk's TE37's to private powdercoats done by people, and I know how Takata Green appears to look lighter/mintish and richer/darker in differing light - so whatever you guys can come up with would be kindly appreciated - cheers.

Takata_Harness.jpg

Above appears to differ from below in shade.. just emphasizing what I was going on about :D

takata.harness_d.jpg

Some Greens look 'tangier' and others lean more towards a 'rich' turquoise/Jade like the second pic.

TR

Last edited by a moderator:
No answer in 8 hour shocker............... lol.

If you do a search then I think a few people have done this, perhaps drop them a PM and ask?

greente.jpg

So In my search for Takata Green (as above) I have been recommended the following:

What do you guys reckon, as I am booked in soonish to get my wheels done :D

Porsche GT3RS 'Viper Green'

Last%20Roll%20-%2031.jpg

And the same paint code on an evo, apparently

semaready2.jpg

Ford 'Modena Green'

214839.jpg

Rover 'Java Green'

1978%20Triumph%20Stag%20Mk2%20Java%20Green%202.JPG

Now whilst the Modena and Java's appear to best resemble the harnesses, the Viper Green is a touch more tangier, than the officially released 'Takata Green TE37's'

Do I go for the harness match? or the officially released TG Volks match?

I think I personally want the Volk match.

Does anyone else have a better colour code recommendation or an opinion - thanks!

All these greens are doing my eyes in :eek:

The Powdercoat RAL code that's closest is 6018 from memory which is more of a Kawasaki green, and the Viper Green paint code I think is 2D8:)

The Powdercoat RAL code that's closest is 6018 from memory which is more of a Kawasaki green, and the Viper Green paint code I think is 2D8:)

HAS, sound's like you may have had this done? Which would you go for if you don't mind me asking?

Any of the Green's I have posted (Modena, Viper, Java)? or the Yellow Green RAL code (6018)?

If you have done it, do you kindly have pics - will press the tanks button :D :p Thanks

I had my teg wheels done in the 6018 powdercoat, at least i'm pretty sure that's what it was:lol:

These are the wheels:

web.jpg

and the cage was done the same colour

web.jpg

web.jpg

Hope that helps mate:)

Thanks again HAS, knowing this of the choices (despite the fact that you went for the 6018) what would you recommend of the colours above - or any other for that matter? If it's still the 6018 - That's good enough for me, but like you say though, it has a slight lean towards Kawasaki Green, hence the repeated need for reassurance :sorry: :D

That my friend is down to you!

I love the Porsche green and it's a slightly softer green than the 6018. The 6018 was better for me as it matched a vinyl colour almost perfectly so I could have the colour running as theme through the car. If I was painting the whole car I'd go for the Viper Green of the two colours.

Dynax has more of the Viper green on his wheels:

2667_514270134100_272901418_1053814_6133077_n.jpg

Thanks man, you have been most helpful :D - I'm only looking rims, so I think I maybe heading toward Porsche 2D8 - Dynax, yeah... I should have asked him what he's running as I have spoken to him a couple of times.

There's also a DC2 running the TE37's in Porsche Green too, in the members rides section. Colour looks bang on, in terms of the officially released TE37's on the first page of this thread - I think I may plump for this - wish me luck.. :D

No worries, I think those wheels were originally Fire_2's so might be worth firing some PM's around to see what code they are:)

No worries, I think those wheels were originally Fire_2's so might be worth firing some PM's around to see what code they are:)

Whilst the pic of Dynax's EP3 is epic, the light/shading doesn't allow for a perfect view of the green...

But...

I think that DC2 in the members ride section has swung it for me 'Porsche' it will be, but I'll be passing it off as Takata Green! :D

Yeah the Porsche green is pretty damn close to the Takata green man, would be a good choice:cool:

Man, just to say thanks for all your help - I look forward to getting these done tomorrow.. :cool:

Surely the code 'Porsche 2D8' should be enough to get a perfect match from wicked wheels right?

Just hoping they drop on the FN2 18's now to match my harnesses :twisted:

Man, just to say thanks for all your help - I look forward to getting these done tomorrow.. :cool:

Surely 'Porsche 2D8' should be enough to get a perfect match from wicked wheels right?

Just hoping they drop on the FN2 18's now to match my harnesses :twisted:

No worries buddy:cool:

2D8 was the code I got from a Porsche dealer when i was looking a couple of years ago so it should be bang on, whether wicked wheels can do it or not I don't know man, i'm not sure how far their colour range extends beyond the more conventional wheel colours :confused:

Make sure you throw some pics up when they're done;)

No worries buddy:cool:

2D8 was the code I got from a Porsche dealer when i was looking a couple of years ago so it should be bang on, whether wicked wheels can do it or not I don't know man, i'm not sure how far their colour range extends beyond the more conventional wheel colours :confused:

Make sure you throw some pics up when they're done;)

Well I'm working on the premise, that they could do anything as long as a code was provided (as per my enquiries) - well let's see if this rings true. Only reservation is that if it ends up becoming a colour testing 'sesh'.. it'll be to the detriment of my wheels, and my car in general (As I don't have a spare set of shoes just yet).

As for the pics, if the wheels end up being worthy, God damn hope they are - then standard procedure - you can consider it done! :cool:

HAS, just to clarify, I'm taking 2D8 to be 'Viper Green' - right?

Back