• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Taking a few chuggs to start

Hi all. Sometimes when i start my EP3 it takes alot longer that it should to fire up. It chuggs several times, maybe 4-5 seconds before starting but always does. What do you lot think it could be. Do i need new spark plugs?

when was your fuel filter last changed? maybe a bit clogged, another idea could be the battery. My old feista took ages to start sometime with the dodgey battery. Only ideas though.

Battery is 2 months old. Not sure about the filter. It doesn happen every time. Maybe 1 out of 5......

I'm not going to search through your old posts, but battery is new, so good, but is it run regularly. Has it been stood or doing short journeys so it could be getting low on charge.

What's the mileage? When was the last time it had an oil change, air filter change, spark plugs?

My car is on 45k and fair enough it's a 57 plate, but the only time for me personally that it's needed a few more turnovers was when the battery was very nearly done, as above. Check the regulars as I've suggested, then get the battery checked again to see that it has charge.

All is assuming you have no engine management lights, i.e. running a decat without a remap etc.

Back