• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tanabe

I have just bought a CTR and want to mod. I rang Tokyo Express and asked for a Spoon but was pushed towards Tenabe, has anyone got sounds of one.

Or should I stick with spoon

great choice, even better I've got a nearly new one for sale at half the price, PM me if interested you'll save about £250
:D

The tanabe zorst is a quality Mod and as Blow said, save yourself a few quid and buy 2nd hand - use the change for an AEM V1 induction kit. :twisted:

Yeh really interested is it the tenabe you have got if so whats the noise like - had an impreza before it and made the mistake of buying a magnex

Suprise, suprise. Tokyo Express are UK Tanabe official distributers are it's obvious they will persuade you to towards their products. :roll:
Spoon N1 sounds and performs better than Tanabe system proven. :!:

Trung said:
Suprise, suprise. Tokyo Express are UK Tanabe official distributers are it's obvious they will persuade you to towards their products. :roll:

totally disagree the spoon sounds like a wasp the Tanabe is more meaty and quieter, as for performance whats the difference?

jembi said:
It has piper x cone at the moment I have heard that the aem are a nightmare to fit

The AEM is only a nightmare as you have to wiggle it down behind the bumperthrough a rather small gap .

Took me about an hour :lol:

The difference in sound and looks are obviously a matter of personal choice.

I myself have had a Spoon but not the Tanabe. I loved the sound of the spoon but also appreciate the good comments I have always heard about the Tanabe.

I know this is off track but I posted an item in the ice section, has anyone linked an IPOD to their SHU in CTR I really dont want to take the shu out

Blow said:
Trung said:

totally disagree the spoon sounds like a wasp the Tanabe is more meaty and quieter, as for performance whats the difference?
OK, soundtrack is personal choice but for performance, Doug from Handata tuned a CTR with Tanabe and claimed it was restrictive.
Spoon N1 was one of his recommendation.

Trung said:
Blow said:
Trung said:

OK, soundtrack is personal choice but for performance, Doug from Handata tuned a CTR with Tanabe and claimed it was restrictive.
Spoon N1 was one of his recommendation.

Yes possibly on the top end in the vtec where the difference was not noticable on the Tanabe but I found the mid range was a lot better. On the MAC Track day the instructer also commented that it pulled a lot better than standard when accelerating from the corners

I have a Tanabe SMR from Tokyo express and would recommend it looks and sounds good. It is a bit quiter at cruising speed than spoon but in Vtec :twisted:

Performance wise not sure how restrictive it is, i got good gains with my mods and looking on RSX forum they rate it well and don't really rate the spoon not sure why?? maybe someone could explain.

Then of course there is the new Toda exhaust depending on your budget, which is a bit deeper than the spoon.

Friendy said:
Then of course there is the new Toda exhaust depending on your budget, which is a bit deeper than the spoon.

That would be my choice now, although it is a bit more expensive.

If there is even 4 or 5 bhp in it iether way, you will not notice it on the road between the two systems, and I bet the difference is less than that. So you may as well go for the one you like the look and sound of.

I think I am either going for Tenabe or Greedy.

I have just fitted a v2 aem and really would like to hear the difference between different types of pipes before i buy

jembi said:
I think I am either going for Tenabe or Greedy.

I have just fitted a v2 aem and really would like to hear the difference between different types of pipes before i buy

Tanabe and Greddy exhausts, just so you get the right thing.

i have a tanabe system on my teg, but ill be swapping for a spoon N1 soon.

ive heard an N1 only on soundclip but it was more to my preference than the tanabe.

and im not overly keen on the style of the tanabe back box...it looks HUGE.

Back