• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tax hike

Ive been looking at the disgusting new car tax prices for 2009-10, its grim lads im not gonna lie to ya. £300 :evil: for the ep3,which i can just about live with.
But i was looking to move on to maybe a focus rs or golf r32,£440:eek: per year on 1 of these babies.

My question is will it put any of you lot of buying your next car? I know it does me.
cheers
Joe

If you want a car bad enough then the extra VED will be an acceptable burden.

If you can live with £300.00 for the EP3 then a raise to £440.00 is the equivalent (at todays prices) of less than 3 tanks of fuel over 12 months.

If the car is worth it............................:smt047

Its probably me but when i looked before on the DVLA website it shows the emissions group and how much the tax was.
Band
CO2 emission (g/km)
12 months rate
6 months rate
A
Up to 100
Not applicable
Not applicable
B
101-120
£35.00
Not applicable
C
121-150
£120.00
£66.00
D
151-165
£145.00
£79.75
E
166-185
£170.00
£93.50
F
Over 185
£210.00
£115.50
G
Over 225 – for cars registered on or after 23/03/06
£400.00
£220.00

Does the EP3 not fall into Band F? It maybe that the table is out of date and charges have gone up again since this

ep3 type r is 212 co2 g/km. does that mean it will be in the over 185 category at £210 per annum?

Is the DC5 the same cat as EP3?

I need my car to get too and from work, as the public transport links are crap. I still save money by driving, so they'd have to seriously ramp it up for it to change the cars I buy.

It does make a difference to the second car I buy however - 1.4SDi Polo for the wife, for the win :cool: :twisted:

Is the DC5 the same cat as EP3?

I need my car to get too and from work, as the public transport links are crap. I still save money by driving, so they'd have to seriously ramp it up for it to change the cars I buy.

It does make a difference to the second car I buy however - 1.4SDi Polo for the wife, for the win :cool: :twisted:

Pretty sure the DC5 and EP3 fit into the same band fella...

They think they are being clever with the new tax bands but cant help thinking they haven't really thought about all of it properly. For example all cars pre 2001 fit into 2 groups above or below 1549cc which means you could buy a 1.6 golf or a V10 lambo and pay the same £200 flat rate (pretty sure the lambo would give off more CO2 than a golf...):D

Yeh, our house we had (before I got the EP3)....

1996 Saab 9000 2.0t
2001 Merc C Class 2.6 V6
2005 Toyota Corolla 1.6

The Corolla had the highest tax band, despite less co2, because of the year of manufacture.... go figure :rolleyes:

Yeh, our house we had (before I got the EP3)....

1996 Saab 9000 2.0t
2001 Merc C Class 2.6 V6
2005 Toyota Corolla 1.6

The Corolla had the highest tax band, despite less co2, because of the year of manufacture.... go figure :rolleyes:

Sounds similar to me my EP3 will now be £300 a year yet my 98 Grand Vitara 2.5ltr V6 will be £200. Swings and roundabouts i guess....

Only real saving grace is no matter how much you tune your car they will only ever tax you on the factory CO2 rating (just as well as i know mine would be in the £440 bracket otherwise:lol: :lol: )

I got the details off of parkers.co.uk..

Thats what makes me hate this boll*x even more,the fact that cars pre 03/2001 are exempt from the emission categories,it doesnt make sense.

My view is that pretty much all the roads are down now so they cant warrant taking all that tax money for them. So they've plucked this emissions garbage from the air to milk us with.
Im emmigrating!

Anyway ive done ranting on now!

Another stealth tax, all the cars on the other side of the pond give off sh!tloads of emmissions. Doesnt matter if you gather all the money in the world, it still wont fix the ozone layer. Global warming, its been warming up since the ice age surely?!! its a massive joke imo!

i hope they dont do it tbh they can stil u turn on it like every thing else they have tried to put forward.
proper daylight robbery i wouldnt mind paying it if the roads were in good condition possibally made up like a race track but they wont be getting my £300 till 2010 as when my car get taxed full year goin on in january which will take my car through to 2010 at just £210 :D

Back