• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tdi North 3" exhaust

After a year on debating what exhaust to get think I'm gonna get the tdi north 3" exhaust at the same time as having FRSU just need to convince the bank manager (WIFE) haha. Now is here anyone on here who has the same exhaust and would you recommend it. CTR fn2

hello, last year i went through a bit of a phase trying different exhausts to try get the most of our my engine at the time. I got a tdi north 3inch system and the results are below. the dotted line underneath is a tegiwa system, the only change between the two results on my car was the 3inch exhaust. I gained around 15bhp peak if i remember correctly and loads more mid range

Was that just cat back or do you have other modifications. Cheers for the reply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was that just cat back or do you have other modifications. Cheers for the reply

the only change point from the two results on the dyno graph are i swapped the tegiwa cat back with a 3inch cat back supplied by tdi north. I couldnt rate their exhaust or service higher, the results speak for themselves.

my car does have other power related modifications which were unchanged over the two results. I have kpro, skunk 2 pro series intake manifold, skunk 2 70mm throttle body, skunk 2 composite fuel rail, skunk 2 intake & throttle body thermal gaskets, full race tegiwa manifold, tegiwa intake

I've only got the hks intake and to be honest don't think ill go any further than just installing and exhaust. And probably never gonna do a remap. So really it's for sound alone as the stock doesn't do the car justice at all. Dilemma haha

I've only got the hks intake and to be honest don't think ill go any further than just installing and exhaust. And probably never gonna do a remap. So really it's for sound alone as the stock doesn't do the car justice at all. Dilemma haha

personally i went for the tdi 3inch system due to the bore size and that it wasnt very loud compared to others. I previously had a decatted skunk2 megapower r system which was a lot louder. My car despite the power doesnt make a huge amount of noise through the exhaust which i really like to be honest as i can hear the engine over it.

It depends what you looking for but if its loudness you want then maybe this system isnt suitable. It is definately track friendly though which was a key issue for me

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers for the advice though mate. I've been looking for a year now and there's so many pros and cons for them all and like you say it's all down to personal preference.

personally i went for the tdi 3inch system due to the bore size and that it wasnt very loud compared to others. I previously had a decatted skunk2 megapower r system which was a lot louder. My car despite the power doesnt make a huge amount of noise through the exhaust which i really like to be honest as i can hear the engine over it.

It depends what you looking for but if its loudness you want then maybe this system isnt suitable. It is definately track friendly though which was a key issue for me
That's really interesting to hear as I've been looking at the Mugen Twin Loop with the idea of wanting performance over noise but given the prices currently for it I may have to think again!

Back