• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TDi north backbox? Or help identify?

Hi all
I picked up this new backbox.
Cost me £100. The person I bought it off said he had a receipt for the exhaust for £400.
And said on it was a Tdi north high flow exhaust.

4F3BE119-FDE8-4EA8-913B-E2146FE599D9-14095-0000114FCC66B1F1.jpg

Is it a Tdi north custom or something else?
The hangers have been changed by the previous owner.

Also Iv fitted this with a sportex b pipe and it's seriously loud.
Any ideas how I can quieten it down?

Cheers
Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
Doubtfull. We only ever done a couple of our own systems and they are full stainless TIG welded. Do get people coming in with odd bits they pick up that we just stick together. PM me the name of the previous owner and can check on the job cards. ;)

It was the full system but the owner was only selling the backbox not the b-pipe. I dont know the previous owners name but I think It came Off an 04 plate red ep3.

Does it matter? There are hundreds of different variations we see coming in where people have fitted a backbox of choice to a bit of pipe.
Even seen motorbike carbon silencers on a couple of cars. :lol:

looks a little like the HKS HIFLOW, but that would have HKS in it somewhere I would have thought.

Does it matter? There are hundreds of different variations we see coming in where people have fitted a backbox of choice to a bit of pipe.
Even seen motorbike carbon silencers on a couple of cars. :lol:

yeah it does matter, if i come to sell it at somepoint id like to know what sort of price it would be worth, or if i were to sell the car with it on id like to be able to describe what make it is, instead of writing 'unknown exhaust', thats not going to attract peoples attention :)

but i suppose im just curious more then anything

Did you not think to ask the bloke you bought it from?!

The person I bought it off said he had a receipt which said it it was a Tdi north high flow exhaust.

but tdi have confirmed that they doubt that its a custom jobby by them, as shown above :)

the exhaust was already on the car when the previous owner bought his car, so all he had was the reciept that the previous owner before him gave him,

if you get me :) lol

Back