• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tdi north stage 1 cams info

Hi, would like some info on these cams ive seen graphs on here with these producing 260bhp along with supporting mods obviously and remap, are these cams a DIC or do they need valve springs or are springs only needed if you want to rev them over 8600 in which case i would get fd2 oil pump and get rid of those weighted sticks! How much are these cams?

They're drop in cams, cost me £1500 for supplied, fitted and mapped. I made 259hp with full dc exhaust, dc manifold, teg intake, rbc and throttle body

Sounds good! And that wav revving to standard rev limit? I assume your on stock head besides cams? Whats midrange drivability and idle like?

Yeah the cams is the only alteration, idles fine, not really any difference than before and the mid range is good although they work better higher up the rev range. My vtec got set to 5500.

4a6ada5a.jpg

I'm getting a set of these of July 22nd :) can't wait

These work fine with the OEM Valve springs but if you want extra revs they work fine with aftermarket valve springs such as Toda/Skunk 2/Mugen & Spoon etc
All depends on the set-up and the other supporting mods, in reality you need a built engine or the very best breathing mods to be making power past 8700-8800rpm so using these cams on the stock valvetrain would be perfect for most peoples needs.

The Stage 2 cams TDI developed turned out to be a waste of time as the only made 1 or 2 bhp more Pre-VTEC.
Power/VTEC camshaft was the same as the Stage 1's it was just the economy cam than ran a slightly more aggresive profile but as it turned out it didn't justify the extra cost. Apparently the idle was not so smooth with the Stage 2's either

Nice graph! Think im really convinced ,need to start collecting parts soon then go get it done, anyone know whats the wear like on these cams if any? How many miles have people done on them reliably?

Not heard of any complaints to date and they have supplied well over 15 sets now

They are a similar design to the Toda A3 cams but unlike the Toda's will work fine on standard valve train

Best to ask TDI reference wear etc but I can't see there being any problems

I want some now!!! Lol , it does seem quite a good cam plus uk supplied and fitted cant get better than that and its not far from me either

Really liking these! Bet it makes for a fast revvy agressive k20 beast of an engine! Any videos lads?

After brakes and oil change im gonna start saving for these and buy my supporting bits as i go along!

Believe they scrapped stage 1 and all their sets are stage 2 now (still work with OEM valvetrain). Price has gone up slightly to £1600 supply, fitted and mapped.

Back