• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TDi North's 2011 Challenger

Well they were only holding Dougie's car up - so they were fair game. I'll need to nick another one tomorrow and do a few more tests and sit the car down on them and scratch my head a bit. I'm absolutely baffled by trying to visualise it all moving.

Our intel has told us that we'll probably have to shave the tyres down to make them work for more than 3 laps. With the Toyos on our 17" 8J ET 48 wheels we were running a 30MM eibach spacer and had lots of space - we could probably run upto 7 degrees of camber (not that we wanted too). The Pirelli is a little bit narrower (-5MM) but I have a feeling that we will need to run a softer spring whhich will give more movement and we need to go down around 1/2 an inch.

Maybe I am stellalfied but I think we really want a 18*8J with an ET around 35 and a PCD 114 to be on the safeside.

Help!

Seano

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh well I suppose we will soon have some OZ rims for sale, so if you are interested start saving. I've a set of 17*7J ET 45 Superlegerra currently with T1R'sin 215/40 and a set of Superlegerra 17*8J ET48 with R888 225/45. I've also got a full set of Eibach pro 30 MM spacers that will go with the 8 inch rims that will suit someone wanting a run lot of camber and or with big brakes. They'll be priced to go in the next few weeks - a man can only have so many wheels in his life.

Not a sales pitch, but advance warning to friends on here a few weeks before the vultures next door get told.

Quick update ROTA P1 18*8J ET 30 on their way - thanks to Julian from RareRims. The alternative connector fitting for the clutch line has turned up so we are good to for running her in shortly followed by a re-tune on the new injectors/revised boost set-up. We will probably find time to rack up a few road miles on trade plates too!

We've put down for the MLR trackday on the Friday which finishes with 90 minutes of pure Time Attack action so the excitement is starting to flow. We will probably start the day on the R888's just to get back into the swing of things before swapping to the Pirelli.

There is quite a little list of jobs to do, but its all do-able and I just need to keep track of it all - this time in a month we will be back from Round 1 at Oulton Park.:wine:

Seano

Well this afternoon I mostly been building the front - I was really annoyed that it didn't have the Type R grill on at the first round last year (totally irrational - but isn't the whole project?).

Anyway it will be this year.

RS00443.jpg

Well I'm all c0ck a hoop - the ROTA fairy paid a visit today.

rotars3.jpg

rotars3a.jpg

Hang on these are nearly as old as me - do I get a discount?

Brakes are finally working too. I've an appointment with the some blokes on Friday at a local park to have them sheathed in Italian rubber.

Seriously the big boys are out testing at Oulton Friday - we're not out but Pirelli will fit the tyres we have ordered FOC. I want to to see how the Pirelli tyres work on the Evo's to try and come up with a strategy.

Seano

Well we have the tyres as well now and with a bit of arch rolling we should be there. I had an interesting chat with tech guys from Pirelli and they have given me quite a few pointers - nothing that I hadn't thought of but its nice having your ideas confirmed by the Pros.

Quite a nice afternoon for a visit to Oulton and it was fun watching the BTCC FN2's at play.

Seano

I have just been told "a man can only have so many wheels in his life" and reluctantly, I have to agree. So first up in the for sale section, are these set of little beauties and they are priced to go.

DSC_8839copy.jpg

Come on folks and help me keep the project going.

Sean

Well yesterday we cleaned the car (or rather my mates from MeganeSport did while I had a bit of a smoke). Looking very nice now, pictures to follow. All of the redundant old stickers are off too ready for this years crop.

Today the injectors were swapped over from RC750's to Injector Dynamics 1000's and she starts and ticks over beautifully like OEM. We need to get the camber off now - currently @ 4.75 degrees for a giggle and then we are ready to go on the rollers for running in followed by a full tune. Downside of the big injectors - we need some more VPower!

Seano

After the cleaning we had a first fit of the front and new wheels. We took a few snaps for you ...

5569542136_85669142cf_z.jpg

5569541884_af89a35911_z.jpg

5568956123_29d765b4c0_z.jpg

Early days but it give you an idea of what we are aiming for.

Seano

Back