• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TDi north's civic in Jap performance

Write up about Pauls civic and bit about the business as well

Plus a photo of salesman Mark persuading some poor sap to empty his wallet to feed his need for power :twisted:

Right after a couple of hours hard scanning.

Notice Mark trying to get someone else in trouble with their wife/girlfriend!

Exellent read. Thanks for taking the time o scan it mate.

Reading this has definately convinced me to stay N/A.

Better stick to all that O/T I'm doing in work. Stroker kit and A3's here we come :wink: :twisted:

lecurie said:
you will need deep pockets for the stroker kits!

I know :shock: :lol:

Always did want to keep my CTR N/A though, reading that story has just reinforced it for me.

I've gone the handling and control first with my CTR, and I must say it's been hard resisting the urge to up the power. Got the brakes in place, coilvers soon then LSD, clutch and flywheel. Full exhaust after that, A3's then Stroker.

Well that's the plan anyway. Just gonna take some time that's all :lol: Hopefully I'll get there in the end though :wink:

CTR said:
lecurie said:

Always did want to keep my CTR N/A though, reading that story has just reinforced it for me.

I've gone the handling and control first with my CTR, and I must say it's been hard resisting the urge to up the power. Got the brakes in place, coilvers soon then LSD, clutch and flywheel. Full exhaust after that, A3's then Stroker.

Well that's the plan anyway. Just gonna take some time that's all :lol: Hopefully I'll get there in the end though :wink:

You've done it the right way though IMO mate, got the base to up the power to what you want now 8)

Too many people ramp up the power and don't sort the brakes and handling to cope.

HASNIC said:
CTR said:
lecurie said:

You've done it the right way though IMO mate, got the base to up the power to what you want now 8)

Too many people ramp up the power and don't sort the brakes and handling to cope.

I'm firm believer in the old saying 'Power is nothing without control'. IMO it's all to easy to ramp the power up straight away, but getting a car handling, stopping and responding just right takes time and effort. I didn't want to end up with a car that was stupidly fast only to find out that I couldn't use fully and then be playing catch up with the chassis.

Got the 'project' route all laid out in my head. Just gotta be patient and save and work hard and it should all come together.

CTR said:
Exellent read. Thanks for taking the time o scan it mate.

Reading this has definately convinced me to stay N/A.

Better stick to all that O/T I'm doing in work. Stroker kit and A3's here we come :wink: :twisted:

You wont regret it. 8)

I have got the dyno plot of my car vs Paul's and we are both running the A3's but Paul has the stroker kit.
I will post it up when I get home in a few days but you wont believe the power it makes.

I match him power and torque all the way until mine starts to drop after 7500 but his keeps climbing.

Basically it just keeps making power all the way until it hits the limiter. Paul set a safe one at 9500rpm and it was still climbing as it hit it. Its safe to 10K as well! :shock: :twisted:

I reconise those wheels from somewhere :lol:

Nice feature, think I might get the mag Monday I reckon :D

Carl

Excellent scan and read.

I would hate to add up the costs that have gone into that car, including labour it must be some massive figure when you add it all together and the time it has taken.

N/A is how Honda designed it, but its just so damn expensive and time consuming to get that sort of power.

TP, running gas with your cams, what do you recon your overall power is ? and what times you expecting this year 1/4 Mile I guess you will be running on slicks ?

Back