• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TDi tuned cars dominating at Japshow.

What a really good weekend.

After a Saturday with rain, then sun, then more rain and limited runs, everyone had their fingers crossed for the Sunday......And it worked!

Our cars ran really well all weekend until Adam suffered a throttle linkage failure when staging for the semi. which was a shame as he was consistently the fastest on the day by a fair way.

Adam is now the fastest EP3 in Europe! He trapped a 153mph terminal which means we now need a parachute as he broke the 150mph safety limit. Even Specky in his Tigra which is quickest ET FWD car has only trapped 148mph.

Dougie broke his previous record in the Rotrex powered EP3 and managed a new European FWD Supercharged record of 10.9@129mph which he backed up. Dougie went on to win the event.

Alvis running the K24 EG tuned last week by the lads at TDi South managed an 11.6 which is now the fastest NA Honda!

Customers also ran really well. Carl Watson running a totally stock motor and just breathing mods managed a 13.8 on his road tires and has bitten the bug and wants to go mental on his car and the biggest congrats must go to Lee in his yellow EP3 that we have been helping out for some time now ran a very impressive 11.7 to run outright the RWYB challange.

A really really good weekend.

I'd like to thank everyone that came over to say hello and add support.
I'd also like to thank our suppliers and sponsors and everyone that helped out and made it such a special weekend including DAR trackside support (Adams own company), Richard at TTS/Rotrex, Mark and the team at TDi South, Afy and Lee for the loan of tires after Dougie had a blowout and Neil Knight for the loan of the generator when we had to get the powertools out to get Dougie's calipers skimmed to fit under the new rims in time for the final.

Thankyou all. :cool:

Paul

Reading this makes me so happy, knowing that you'll be tuning my DC5 next week. Now I can't wait to get there :)

lol im thinking the same as shortly ill be coming to tdi north to get mine mapped. Well done to TDI :)

Congratulations to all involved. :smt023

I might have to have a look at one of these RWYB events when we get the Rotrex on. ;)

Great result for the TDI lads and everyone involved.
Over 150mph at the line is a very impressive speed.
Congrats again.

Well done guys, the cars just keep getting quicker and quicker and I know it's still early days yet so loads more to come which is the amazing thing.
Cheers
Dave T.

Well done, and pics of the yellow EP3 please!

IMG00113-20110409-1732.jpg

IMG00114-20110409-1732.jpg

IMG00116-20110409-1739.jpg

IMG00117-20110409-1739.jpg

started to tidy up the inside it was desperately needing it
IMG00118-20110409-1812.jpg

IMG00119-20110409-1812.jpg

IMG00120-20110409-1813.jpg

[video=youtube;nTYo1DPScgA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTYo1DPScgA&feature=related[/video]
[video=youtube;Dm4kIEY-Amk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm4kIEY-Amk&feature=related[/video]

Cheers - glad you enjoyed Spirit's weird atmospherics. We'd had a bit of a bollocking at Oulton's round for excessive noise 107+dB. At Knockhill, they're a little more relaxed but we had to do something for Brands. After a bit of head scratching I came up with a 2 quid solution (I like those) and inserted a 7 inch length of 1.5" perforated tube into the exhaust tip extending about two inches out to form an elipitcal inner resonator. Dropped the dB by 3 on a static testing and allowed Dave to pass the drive by tests so a good result.

I'll refine the tube but it was very effective and more importantly didn't affect gas flow.

Meantime I'm concentrating on a wide track civic - we need to catchup with Bo and Romaine so I'm looking at 10 inch rims to run 265 - that should let Dave get the thing to steer and make full use of the power.

Seano

Last edited by a moderator:
Back