• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Team Heko Deflector Fitting Help?

bought a set of Team Heko Wind Deflectors and am having a nightmare fitting them :(
iv tried putting the clips on the window and shutting the window which should push them right up, but when i do that part of the clip can still be seen from outside the car and the deflectors arent tight into the clips?
then i tried fitting "dry" without clips or tape and the window doesnt shut properly :( it seems to "catch " on something about half way up and then when i close it it doesnt close fully, there are gaps at the curved part nearest the window and a cap at the top of the straight edge nearest the door handle? (if yous get my description)
these are 2nd hand and came off a 3 door 1.7CDTi civic but they should still fit i'd think?
any help would be great!
thanks

i used double sided stick tape.

ALOT of it too. but even then they lasted about 4 days and started dropping down.

they're now sitting in my shed and wont be used until i need a large back scratcher or boomerang.

jeez! thats not good! erm any idea why the glass in the window wont shut properly? i cant understand :S its as if its hitting something but theres nothing there, kinda hard to explain

not sure about the heko ones but the JDM one's i took the clips off and mine is being held on perfectly with some decent double sided foam tape

think *** found the problem, can anyone tell me what this black clip is for? it seems to be stopping the deflector from going in properly. my mates EP2 doesnt have it :S i cant get it to come out either

image.jpg

I fitted mine with just the tape that came on it (3 small patches)

One of them has held up pretty good the other you can see a little bit of the tape that hasnt stuck, but there in pretty solid.

The only problem i get is sometimes the drivers window will get half way up then go down again (in auto mode) , i have to put it manually bit by bit til it gets past half way then its fine.

And the passenger side seems to slow down going up about 1/4 of the way from the top.

think *** found the problem, can anyone tell me what this black clip is for? it seems to be stopping the deflector from going in properly. my mates EP2 doesnt have it :S i cant get it to come out either

image.jpg

i had to remove that clip thing to fit JDM deflectors to my EG civic, i was pretty sure it was to do with aligning the glass into the door frame or whatever...
all i did was push the clip towards the inside of the car and it popped out of a channel running around the frame, (that it sits in with metal clip legs)
i dont know if its the same for the EP civic, but i have some team hekos in the post and ** see if they are any more difficult to fit... (had them on previous cars no problem)
HTH

**OH! and the clip being removed didnt cause any problems when it was out, it just left a little slit in the door rubber which wasn't noticeable really, so dont worry about removal

Last edited by a moderator:
All the little black clip seems to do is direct rain water straight into your door card (if you're the type to have the window open when it's raining), pull the bugger out before fitting. Also, Hekos will droop after a while unless you use badass tape. Be warned though. I used Gorilla double sided 'the tape that thinks it's glue'. Only use this if you never want to remove, I misaligned mine an the tape stuck so fast that I snapped my heko trying to remove it!!

From all accounts - JDM is the way to go!

I've fitted mine without special tape, just use standard tape and push the clips that are provided into the window channel to secure them firmly.

I find it difficult to pull the deflector out of place so I don't know how people have had trouble with them I I'm honest.

I got peeved with mine too, shame as they look nice when they're in the right position. Oh well, I might buy a Pajero, they come with some nice JDM brown ones!

Back