• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Technical advice gearbox

I've had a new gearbox fitted already as the dealership could'nt fix 3rd gear, if theres increased noise and not much power in 5th or 6th gear when flooring it, does this mean the gearbox is not fitted correctly?

Loads of us have the 3rd gear problem..I am surprised you agreed to have a new box knowing that it is a widespread issue....

Loads of us have the 3rd gear problem..I am surprised you agreed to have a new box knowing that it is a widespread issue....
The dealer had a couple of goes at fixing it and made the problem even worse, Honda UK agreed to replace the gearbox as the dealer couldnt get the technical fix from Honda UK to work. Now the new gearbox is in, 1st 2nd and 3rd gears are fine, but accelerating in 4th 5th and 6th has increased noise and the performance in these gears is worse. I was just wondering if anyone know if this is due to the new gearbox not being put in correctly?

Back