• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CH1 Technical

Took my R in to my local dealer Friday for service. Went to pick it up they said the car is fine. Got to the car and started it up it started to make a squeeling noise took it down the road was just as bad so turned round and went back. Told them about the noise and why i was not told about it. They said they did think that I knew about it!
Then I was told the tech was not there who worked on my car. They said it might be the ac condenser! Sounded like a slipping belt. Told them to keep it and look at it. Got a call today saying looks like it could be the cam belt! WTF. Try to think that they know what there doing. Can't believe that they want to let me drive off with fault with the cambelt!

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt its the cambelt squeeling, thats a toothed belt, and if it slipped, you would know about it as the engine would go bang. It would most proberly be one of the other belts, just hasen't been tightened properly.

It was the crank pulley belt. 330 quid inc vat. Bit steep for a alternator belt! Had a quote of 150 for belts and cam cover gasket from www.thor-racing.co.uk over tile hill coventry. They used to look after my Nissan. Not bad cheaper than Honda! Why use a main dealer for anything?

Was not sure if I am alowed to put a link on this post. If not please let me know I will sort it, don't just delete it.

Tell me about it. But not sure if I can be doing with paying Honda money for a service. Good to have a stamp but they can't even spot the easy things and after telling them about it charge the earth! To be honest might just get oe parts and use a good company.

Back