• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Teething problem....

Hi guys!

really loving the type r, it's a FN2 2009 plate. Car has been lowered but I'm getting the originals put back on as I can't get on with the ebach springs living on the Isle of Wight too many pot holes!!!

i have noticed that when I pull away with not enough revs but enough to move, or pull away in a lower gear I have a metal rattle coming from drivers side front.... It doesn't happen at speed just low gear range with low rev..... Any ideas it's driving me mad!

Cheers guys just post if you need more info, I'm new to this type r business but I'm loving it so far!!!!

Possibly a drive shaft or exhaust heat shield. I think most of the heat shields on my EP3 have been removed.

Mines a FN2 would that make a difference? And is it likely it's just loose then? It's in the garage this fri anyway so I will ask them to have a look I just didn't want to go completely unarmed! Thanks for the speedy reply thou it's driving me mad!!!!

The eibach springs are meant to make the ride a lot less crashy than the standard springs. Putting it back to standard might actually make it worse.

I imagine that the FN will have various heat shields as well. The issue is they corrode, rattle and can fall off entirely. For example the heat shield at the rear of the exhaust by the fuel tank came away in my hands the other month, no force applied what so ever.

Good luck bud.

Yep the heat shields are notorious for corroding and rattling. I've removed most of mine as and when they start rattling.

The eibachs are generally more comfortable than the oem springs because they are progressive, meaning a more supple ride at normal speeds. Raising the height of the car doesn't necessarily make it more comfortable. The eibachs are far superior springs than the originals.

Back