• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tegiwa 4-2-1 manifold

Is it easy to fit them? On the driveway DIY job?

Engine mount inserts I would say is a no. I believe the sub frame has to be dropped for the rear or front mount. One of them is a pain to fit and I can't remember which one off the top of my head.

Edit - there is 2 mount inserts to be fitted for the K20, one at rear and one at front. Just to clarify.

Is it easy to fit them? On the driveway DIY job?

Same answer as above, not easy. Indeed the subframe has to come off, it's the rear one that was a pain to fit if I remember correctely. It's a possible DIY job, but don't expect it to be done under an hour without a ramp. We used jacks and it was a pain to put them in there.
Well worth the hassle though, wouldn't want to drive without them anymore.

I wouldn't mind trying an L shaped adapter. I have a straight extension which work pretty well but from time to time I get the light on. Had a quick look on eBay and didn't find one.

I used straight shape too, but a long one with a tiny hole in it, light never came on.

As u can see, had to cut the heatshield in order to make it fit. L-shape is the way to go!

What's a wide band 02 sensor?

An External O2 that measures the amount of Fuel Air. The OEM is narrowband, only telling it's good or no good, but no accurate number.
Let's say this is for tuners only, you probably won't ever have to deal with them in your life, I was just surpriced to see it on the tegiwa :)

But don't hesitate to put those ES engine mounts in there...
I got them here:
http://www.funkypower.co.uk/catalog...year=&level1=&level2=&level3=&id_product=4225

Right well I'll get some mounts And ask Tdi north to put them in when I get it mapped if he will do it.

I took a picture of my L shape from underneath just now.

9dd86773.jpg

The reason I got it was it looked tight just having a straight one on.

You don't have to tell me :)

Here's mine:

And actually, the tegiwa looks so much better than I expected. Great photo!
And, you have 3 O2 bunges, great for putting up a wideband O2 sensor.

i also looked at this manifold but i was drawn away by the fact that to me the pipes are the wrong way round. if you look at my manifold piston 1 and 4 are joined into the same pipe and same with 2 and 3 because 1 and 4 run at the same position and 2 and 3 run the same. dont know if this makes any odds at all. someone else could maybe correct me if I'm wrong.

Same answer as above, not easy. Indeed the subframe has to come off, it's the rear one that was a pain to fit if I remember correctely. It's a possible DIY job, but don't expect it to be done under an hour without a ramp. We used jacks and it was a pain to put them in there.
Well worth the hassle though, wouldn't want to drive without them anymore.

I did my dc5 and a mates dc5 ES inserts on the floor with a jack and axle stands and both took around an hour.

I did my dc5 and a mates dc5 ES inserts on the floor with a jack and axle stands and both took around an hour.

Possible! However I had a rusted bolt what messed up alot of time to loosen :) Also the insert was a little too wide (about half a mm) so eventually, we had to fix that too because it wouldn't fit. If everything goes to plan, 1 hour is good indeed :)

i also looked at this manifold but i was drawn away by the fact that to me the pipes are the wrong way round. if you look at my manifold piston 1 and 4 are joined into the same pipe and same with 2 and 3 because 1 and 4 run at the same position and 2 and 3 run the same. dont know if this makes any odds at all. someone else could maybe correct me if I'm wrong.

I wondered for days as well, now if I look at the dyno results from people running DCRH, I see no point in not buying one, that's also the reason I got one. Seems it doesn't really matter... Now if I look at the tegiwa, (I'm surprised it looks that good) I really wonder for dyno results which may be very promising :)

Ah rite well it likely makes no odds then. I'm getting it dyno'd soon to see if the tegiwa manifold and induction kit has made much difference on paper.

Back