• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tegiwa Carbon Intake for FN2

I'm looking for my first mod for my Civic FN2. Being it an intake, I've read a lot about heat soak issues with open filters so put my focus onto the Tegiwa carbon kit. My aims are obviously same or a bit of + in performance/power figures along with a sporty vtec roar that doesn't sound like stock. Does the Tegiwa meet these parameters? I don't think it'll suffer any heat soak being it enclosed, but i'm quite concerned as for sound, as acoustically it may probably sound like stock... Any experiences and suggestions please?

The Mugen or Tegiwa variant airbox is probably one of the best for the FN2, but it doesn't sound give a roar in VTEC. It's almost stock sounding.

If you want an intake that doesn't have heatsoak and sounds good, you are looking at the CPL intake, Injen or the new Skunk2 one.

The Injen and Skunk2 ones won't run right without a remap and the Skunk2 needs some chopping of the bodywork since it is really an FG2/FA5 part. The CPL one is hit and miss, some people run it on the standard map without issues and some people have had flatspots. You'd just have to suck it and see.

I always thought the stock sound of the FN2 was plenty tbh. The Mugen kit is awesome.

I love the stock sound of the FN2, but being it so nice, you want to just hear it Louder!

Hate all the relocations to be done with CAIs, and love the HKS looks but am pretty damn sure it'll suffer heat soaks. But it'll defo sound great I believe!

Last edited by a moderator:
It does, I had one on mine.

I never suffered heat soak, but I got mine remapped not long after it was fitted so maybe that played a part in it.

Back