• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TEGIWA Cat back thoughts?

I have looked around and the RM01A is still available but at a cost of course.
It is making me think whether to go for the TEGIWA or go for the original as I loved the sound and quality of the Fujitsubo but the TEGIWA seems to be very good value for a system on par with the original.

Good this is what I am looking for in an exhaust, I do a fair bit of motorway to se family and things so I couldn't imagine 5 hours of deafening

Looking at getting one of these myself now, anyone know the db rating on these? Will it pass an mot alright?

I've heard that there was some quality issues about the b-pipe.

One guy had 2 b-pipes fail in 3 weeks.

Apparently is was an early QA issue. Some if the early batches had issues. It may have been resolved. It's not a bad exhaust system, there are better ones for the money.

I think i found that thread last night on CTRO? Or may have been on here, the posts were from 2012 i think, you would hope that issue would have been resolved by now hopefully.

Basically im looking for something that sounds nice, but isnt too loud or droning an will pass an mot haha

i have this exhaust system on my type r but its too queit for me does any1 know if i can get a straight through centre pipe to fit it thanks

Many apologies for reviving an old thread, I've searched high and low for this answer but haven't quite found the definitive answer that i was looking for. Would the Tegiwa cat back provide good gains with other mods if Mapped correctly, IE - it's not a restrictive system and prevent good gains later on?

Apologies if this has been covered,

Luke

I can't really speak for this exhaust, as I don't have it.......yet.
If I was to buy an exhaust, this would be the one.
It's a larger diameter than the standard one, 2.5 inch, I believe. It shouldn't be restrictive in any respect.
If you want a quiet-ish exhaust that appears to be well enough made, I'd say, go for it !
Not the cheapest right enough, and there is history of the weld cracking at the pipe entering the backbox, but it still wouldn't put me off.
Im a welder to trade though, so it's an easier fix for me, I suppose

I bought one of these last month on the black friday deal. Wont be looking at mapping for a while, but it seemes extremely well made and had gussets where the old models used to crack. As said above it isnt too loud, doesnt drone at all like my old spoon n1 used to. Ive heard that you get good gains with these, which is why i bought it, good gains ans subtle noise level.

Thanks for the advice lads. Andrew, how does it feel on the car? I'd be coming from a standard Exhaust system mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Much better, car feels alo frier if that makes sense, especially top end. Of course it is a kind of minimal feeling without a remap and extra mods

Lovely, thanks for the info Andrew, Can't wait, i will be looking at this option, or maybe even a B-Pipe and new OEM back box to keep that OE look. i'm so undecided.

Back