• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tegiwa Catback

Hi,

Does anyone have one? Can you tell me what you think of it? Im looking for something quiet and that will unlock a few extra bhps!

If you can provide pics and even better videos that would be so good! Will be running with standard manifold and cat!

I'm also looking to get one of these mate. If anyone does have some info on what they are like that would be great.

Quite a few videos on you tube.

When dealing with an exhaust system subject to twelve years of UK roads, it is not quite simply a straight swap - angle grinder time:

The serrations mean that the old corroded studs are a right pain, took me hours and rounded many drill bits.

I'll post again if/when I finish and have used it enough to form an opinion.

How the bolts were bundled did not work for me. The long bolts were with the cat to b pipe gasket, at least one of the three locations interfered with the cat cover or just would not go, so I used the short ones.

How the back box bracket is oriented on the website picture is wrong- it will go together like that but will hit ARB/chassis. Don't ask me how I know.

Sent using Tapatalk

So far I am liking it, a harder edge to the sound than OE and a little louder. At regular idle it is pretty subtle.

I will qualify this by saying that I already had both engine and gearbox inserts fitted, so my car was already noisier than standard and I fitted an intake at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the moment ive got a cat back buddy club pro spec on my EP3 but its too loud for me (it is rather cool though). Before I order the tegiwa cat back Could I
A. Do a straight swap of the buddy club to the tegiwa with no problems (im a bit of a noob)

B. Be able to sell the buddly club second hand?

Hopefully it was fitted with SS fasteners, so yes should be a straightforward swap.

Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay......

Sent using Tapatalk

Hey guys and ive just gone to fit my new tegiwa catback exhaust and come across a problem. The exhaust is not lining up with the three studs on the cat. It seems they have opened up the holes on the gasket but not on the exhaust. Its cost me money to take my old buddy cup pro off and back on again.

The holes need to be M10 to use the bolts provided or were you trying to use the existing studs and the holes were too small?

Sent using Tapatalk

The holes need to be M10 to use the bolts provided or were you trying to use the existing studs and the holes were too small?

Sent using Tapatalk

Yea I was trying locate the exhaust on the original studs. Like i said if they have elongated the gasket, why havnt they done the same on the exhaust I dont get it.

How far out was it? I presume what you are saying is that the PCDs didn't match. Any sign that whoever fitted the current exhaust had modified the cat flange?

I can only suggest contacting Tegiwa and describing your problem as accurately as possible.

I've got a brand new still in boxed not opened Tegiwa Catback for sale £400 pm me if you want it

Back