• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tegiwa Engine Damper

Looking to remove it as it's doing my head in lol. Very little rattle. I was thinking about sticking a rubber grommet between it to stop the movement but may just be best to remove.

My question is, if I was to remove it is there anything which shouls replace it's place or not? Its bolted to the chassis and strutt brace?

Many Thanks

Hello mate, ive been looking at the engine damper for my ep3, can you tell me a little about its use, and are they essential.

Cheers carl.

Hello mate, ive been looking at the engine damper for my ep3, can you tell me a little about its use, and are they essential.

Cheers carl.

aquhutu7.jpg

Nothing needs replacing.

The nuts that you take off to get the mount next to the rocker cover off, they need to go back on the mount though.

You mentioned strut brace. Is yours attached to a brace bracket or do you just have the mounting bracket under the brace mount on top of the suspension top mount?

Nothing needs replacing.

The nuts that you take off to get the mount next to the rocker cover off, they need to go back on the mount though.

You mentioned strut brace. Is yours attached to a brace bracket or do you just have the mounting bracket under the brace mount on top of the suspension top mount?

I think it's held in support to the brace. I'll take a picture tomorrow and upload.

Thanks

I will get one in the next couple of weeks, best place to get one from and is it ok to buy a 2nd hand one.

I will get one in the next couple of weeks, best place to get one from and is it ok to buy a 2nd hand one.

Don't see what the issue would be second hand, it will do just as good as a job apart from a few rusty bolts which you could easily replace. Well I'll be selling mine anyways just got to remove it. :)

Back