• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TEGIWA HONDA CIVIC TYPE R EP3 EXHAUST MANIFOLD HEADER ?

Remap with a Hondata k100 or the fueling will be out. Then it's worth it yes.

You can use an O2 spacer on the secondary O2 sensor then it won't throw an engine management light from the lack of a cat, but the stock map on the ECU can't compensate for the extra flow and you won't get any big gains by doing it that way.

Thanks for your reply -
So there's already a "hole" for the spacer ? ( not sure how the spacer will work/fits)
so even if I bolt it on and the fueling's out is that ok to drive with until I arrange the k100 and remap (remap's due anyways so could do with a few good mods to go with, I should be able to throw some money at it over the next few months)
do you know if I source a k100 it's a straight swap or will it need "setting up"
how do I know what ecu I have? I was trying to search info last night.
1k100 same or different to k100

Last edited by a moderator:
The manifold will have the two holes for the O2 sensors. All the spacer does is screw in the O2 sensor hole and the O2 sensor screws into it. It effectively hangs the sensor out of the gasflow, so it doesn't read faulty.

There are in all honesty, lots of people out there with headers on who haven't had their cars remapped. If you are very very unlucky you'll get detonation from the fueling being too lean, which will lead to damage to the cylinders/pistons/valves. I'm not saying it won't happen as it can, but there are variables such as fuel quality and erroneous sensors that can compound the issue.

K100 is a daughter board that is installed in your ECU. So by looking at your ECU you can't tell if it has a K100 in it or not unless you crack them open, and they are generally sealed. If you buy a used k100, for this reason they generally come as a whole with the ECU, so you'd need to swap it for your original ECU, then have your immobiliser recoded by Honda or someone like TDi-North.

They won't be plug and play, as the map done on it for someone else's mods will be different from the map needed on your car. It will need tuning properly by someone like TDi-North/Eurospec etc.

Did you mean Kpro and K100? Same thing except Kpro is a replacement ECU, and it has a USB port so you can datalog from it and upload maps to it yourself. If you aren't going to be doing that, it's a bit of a waste of the extra money.

I won't be useing any mapped of my own.
aahh already has the holes - I wasn't sure if you would have to drill it so that's good news.
TDI are too far away for me - I'm in Kent
So your saying they would supply the k100 with the re-map ( at cost )

Eurospec are near you.

Eurospec can supply and map yes, but it'll be a custom map to your car done on their dyno. You won't get anywhere reputable who would supply one with a generic map to be used with a decat header.

No not at all. I was emphasizing the point that generic maps/reflashes like you can get from CPL with a K100 install aren't suitable for decat race headers.

Custom map is the only way forward. :smt023

Then that's the way we'll be doing it , top man loxy.
will get a post in members cars one some more work gets going.
and will most probably be getting in contact with eurospec soon( it says in there site only VW and Audi or am I looking at the wrong people )

Last edited by a moderator:
Back