• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tegiwa Intake Letting In Water

I fitted my Tegiwa Induction box a few months ago, but quite recently, due to all the bad weather we've been getting, ive found loads of water inside the car.

ive just stripped the interior and taken the carpet up because it's soaking wet and did a water test on it. It's getting in through the big hole behind the scuttle (heater matrix intake?). When I turn the heaters on you can hear water in the motor and water starts dripping in the car on the passenger side only.

Water wasn't getting into the hole when I was parked up, so all the drains are fine, so the only thing I can think of is rain water being sucked in when driving.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem? I'm gonna lift the box a bit higher to not let as much rain get behind it, and then try and mod the scuttle to prevent anything getting through the gap I've cut (like the one on the Gruppe M thread).

PS - I've got the tegiwa scuttle insert kit, but it didn't come with instructions (and after asking Tegiwa they still didn't provide any). Could anyone tell me what it's for?
http://www.tegiwaimports.com/tegiwa-scuttle-panel-insert-kit-gruppe-m-3794/

thanks, Billy

edit - it is definitely rain water and not coolant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi billy, ive had this intake for about a year now and no water problems at all. You need to make sure there are no gaps in your scuttle panel the insert kit is inserted underneath where you cut the hole so it makes a bridge basically for your intake to sit on and stops the water ! If you email tegiwa they will send you instructions for the insert kit because they sent some to me . Hope this has helped you

Thanks for your reply mate, after bugging Tegiwa again they finally sent the instructions, so got the scuttle insert fitted. Doesn't look like any more water is getting on, so just gotta dry what's left of it up and the interior should go back in

cheers

Defo mate, had the K&N typhoon before and that sounded quality, but crap for power. You can't fault the proven power the Tegiwa and Gruppe M can achieve, but the price of the teg is a lot more reasonable.

Back