• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tegiwa intake rattle

Ljw

Hello I've got a tegiwa intake fitted to my car, and it keeps rattling against the scuttle panel when moving off. I have put extra of the tape they give you in the kit... Which works ...But it doesn't last long. A lot of people say you gave to live with it if you have one, but is there anything that can be done?

Its a nightmare! my scuttle would vibrate at certain revs. You really just have to play around with it until it sits correct and doesn't vibrate off anything!

some people have like a bar across it like a mini brace? does this make any difference or will it just rattle against that?

some people have like a bar across it like a mini brace? does this make any difference or will it just rattle against that?
I have seen people use like a micro fibre cloth screwed into the scuttle behind the intake so it cant rattle on anything, I have used like a corner metal piece and bolted it under my scuttle so it keeps the intake still because mine kept dropping down under the bonnet and off to a side, Im going to follow the guide on here to put like a seal behind the scuttle panel hole and im going to pad round it to try and stop the rattling

its quite embarissing when you have someone in the car, sounds like your cars a right bag of nails

Tom at TGM fiddled with mine a d it stopped rattling, not sure what he did. I then had my mount inserts fitted and now everything in the car is rattle city. You learn to live with these things

its quite embarissing when you have someone in the car, sounds like your cars a right bag of nails
Haha yeh exactly and my b pipe when its warm vibrates against the bottom of the car so when im at the lights cars rattling to bits

Back