• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tegiwa intake rattling?

Ljw

Hello I had this fitted around 5 months ago, I took it back to see where the sound was coming from. They said it was the induction kit, knocking against the scuttle panel. Is there anything you can do to prevent this?

A strip of adhesive foam tape along it is the usual fix.

I took it back and they put some more tape on it and it stopped... But after a while the sound just came back.. It's doing my nut in aha!

Good luck curing the rattle. Everyone I've seen with one rattles on the scuttle. Put up with it or buy a different intake.

I got mine second hand and a scuttle trim already cut, the chap has used velcro on the scuttle and the airbox to hold them together, I can't hear any rattles out of VTEC, might be worth a go?

PS the scuttle trim I was sent is the fibre glass moulded one that's notorious for rattling.

Back