• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tegiwa problems?

Alright guys just a quick question for all of you with a better know-how mechanically wise,

just finished fitting the tegiwa on my ep3 and now the car is idling from 1000 to 2500 up and down when I come to a complete stop or keep the clutch depressed? Also smelling what I can only describe as burning rubber coming from the exhaust?

cheers guys,

cranny

Pipe works fine as I just kept the original pipes but everything is on correctly, seems to have stopped revving so high and will only do it now if I plant the foot, think I may have to clean the icv after having a search about the forum.

the burning smell is starting to worry me though, I can't seem to place it and thinking back I started noticing a smell after getting the rocker cover gasket replaced?

Cheers,

cranny

I would say rubber, it doesn't smell like the clutch and rubber is the closest smell I could describe, I'm stumped as to what it could be?

Cranny

I'll have a check tomorrow, need to do a service anyway so hopefully that will clear up any problems.

cheers for the advice guys.

cranny

MY new replacement standard exhaust smelled funny for a while when it was new. Also when I replaced my rocker cover and gasket with a new painted one it also smelled. Probably nothing to worry about pal. I remember years ago putting a painted mild steel manifold on my Saxo it poisoned you every time you drove it for the first 500 miles!

No it's the induction, all seems fine now guys cheers, exhaust is the next step as I'm buying a new one Friday, just trying to find the best/cheapest one to get.

need a new cat anyway so the next question is 4-2-1 or replace cat and go for b pipe or cat back? Opinions? Bearing in mind that until I get a decent bit time off work and the funds I won't be able to travel away down south to buy a kpro and get it mapped ect.

cranny

Last edited by a moderator:
Back