• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

tegiwa solid shifter bushes

Have been browsing again think will need to make that my catchphrase haha
But on more serious note with looking at changing my clutch I was thinking about getting a short shifter a neuspeed one an came across these solid shifter bushes!

Has anyone had any experience with them to say if they're any good and with any info on how to fit them ie a guide etc??

Thankstegiwa-solid-shifter-bushes-civic-type-r-1232.jpg

You don't need a new thread for everything you find on t'interweb dude, most of these things have been covered extensively in the past.

The tegiwa bushes less so because they've not been around for all that long (in comparison to most EP3 parts), so they won't have as much info.

I reviewed them recently in my build thread.

As for a fitting guide, whilst you're doing your quickshifter you just unbolt & push the old bushes out and pop the new ones in, bolt up. It's seriously fiddly but simple and straightforward. Then in the engine bay it gets a little tiny bit more involved, you need to remove & retain the split pins & square circlips, cut out the lip on the OEM bushes & remove... replace and re-connect.

You don't need a new thread for everything you find on t'interweb dude, most of these things have been covered extensively in the past.

The tegiwa bushes less so because they've not been around for all that long (in comparison to most EP3 parts), so they won't have as much info.

I reviewed them recently in my build thread.

As for a fitting guide, whilst you're doing your quickshifter you just unbolt & push the old bushes out and pop the new ones in, bolt up. It's seriously fiddly but simple and straightforward. Then in the engine bay it gets a little tiny bit more involved, you need to remove & retain the split pins & square circlips, cut out the lip on the OEM bushes & remove... replace and re-connect.

Sorry about so much threads dude I've not really been able to view the whole forum to full yet my phone shuts it down most of the time lol. But thanks for your help mate all this new uprated bushes etc are new to me especially within gearboxes etc.

Will try not to thread everything I see lol Is hard just like to learn the ins and outs before I progress on to new stuff most things I know but with only having owned my car less than 6weeks I'm not fully familiar with full car,parts and replacements etc.
Thanks mate!

I've had these in my garage for a few weeks but Havnt plucked up the courage to take my Gears apart or what ever they are in my engine bay lol

Benny mine are due to arrive today. Could come round and help you when I've done mine

I'm working a late today mate but if you fit yours easily then you can definitely come and help me with mine at some point :)

I've had these in my garage for a few weeks but Havnt plucked up the courage to take my Gears apart or what ever they are in my engine bay lol

Just do it you big girls blouse :p it's not as scary as it might look. All you need is a big flathead screwdriver, some pliers (needle nose will help) and a stanley knife for the engine bay. For the shifter bushes behind the dash you just need a socket set and the right spanner to get the gear knob off. Put aside 2 hours. Having done it once I reckon it'd take me 45-60 minutes the 2nd time round. It really isn't that hard.

Thanks for your kind words hazz lol I'll give it a whirl on my next day off and if I can't do it myself I'll get Tom to help :)

Benny mine arrived today but miss cat didn't answer the door to postman and now there in the depot. Get them tomorrow and them. They off to silverstone, can do yours Monday morning if you want

I fitted these yesterday with a short shifter. overall improvement is huge but I cant say how much these helped on there own as did it all together. couple of fitting point- **** me what a fiddly job! lol hated it when fitting the short shifter you have to remove wire style clips from gear cables, dont remove them entirely as a pain to get back on. when fitting shifter bushes, try not to let them fall. good news is if you do (which I did) they can be gotten from under neath, requires a good old reach around from left of the pedals. this is a delicate fingers job, pita.

so to clarify, you'l have 8 bushes the same shape and size, they fit on top and below the 4 bolts holding your shifter to the dash (under the gaiter) the panel pulls off effectively, then you'l have 4 bushes left of different sizes, these fit at the other end of the gear cables, which can be accessed by removing the airbox. once the airbox is out, its pretty obvious and relatively easy to change

Benny mine arrived today but miss cat didn't answer the door to postman and now there in the depot. Get them tomorrow and them. They off to silverstone, can do yours Monday morning if you want

I have Sunday free so hopefully weather permitting I'll give it a go with the help of the people's inputs above :) if I am unsuccessful and my effort ends in a huff and lots of *#%* then I'll get u to help Tom if that's ok :) I'm working Monday morning though but thanks for the offer! Watch this space...

Oh yea, I forgot there's usually an airbox in the way :lol: I have the AEM CAI which leaves a huge gaping hole and easy access to shifter links :p

Yeah same with my gruppe m. Still removed it. Along with the whole centre console. Just made life easier. Real pleased with them. Easy to do as well

Bit drastic... I suppose it'd be easier to retrive any dropped items with the centre console out. I didn't think it was too bad TBH, but I do have child sized hands lol

Gruppe m is one bolt and I'm a whizz at getting the centre console out. Has been out alot of times trust me. At first everything felt real heavy gear wise but now after some driving I love them

Lol thats because im the only one with a standard airbox! Haha soon to be hondata box...

Main difference im guessing was more the shifter bushes was the very positive directional feel from the stick, I felt it was easier to slot into gear accurately than before

Yeah same with my gruppe m. Still removed it. Along with the whole centre console. Just made life easier. Real pleased with them. Easy to do as well

It was easy was it lol?! I'm going to feel a right nonse if I can't do it now aren't I haha! You might be getting a pm asking for your help mate ha!

Tom cat did you refit the plastic washers on the engine side bushes? I fitted the engine side bushes after the dash side and they definitely made the stick heavier and stiffer to move, in wondering if the plastic washer is to blame.

I yeah plastic washers went back on as well as the metal ones means the bushes are tight on there. It all feels a little heavier but more solid. Before the play gave you a run up almost into the gear. This is just straight in. Give it all while and your love it.

+1 on putting plastic washer back on, it keeps the split pin tight.

It takes a few days of driving to wear in after fitting, they feel very stiff at first.

Back