• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tegiwa Strut Brace Help

Hi Guys,

I have taken delivery today of my tegiwa strut brace, but seem to be having a bit of trouble fitting it

I did order the correct one (for model with a/c) but it seems that when trying to get the bracket on top of the suspension turret, the resivours or the a/c pipe is in the way

Anyone had this problem before with their strut brace?

Many Thanks

I've not fitted one myself but just looked at the pictures on the web site.

Are you taking the brackets off the bar and fitting them first, then putting the bar back on?

I don't think it would go on in if you leave it as one piece.

You have to do this with the J's brace as the AC pipe goes through the bracket, maybe the Tegiwa one is similar?

dhb-Enginebay.jpg

You Sir, are a gent!

Well it wasn't easy, but it is on

I had already tried to put the brackets on seperatley, but i just had to slowly pull at the aircon pipes until i could just slot the base down over the turret bolts (whilst crossing my fingers the bugger didn't split). Made alot more sense after seeing the picture, but its not the best product design in the world

It looks as though the J's racing one is a much more straight-forward fit

Thank you

Back